Rutgers 2019-2020 Application Cycle

So nervous I got this email yesterday! Applied in Mid July!! Not entirely sure what to make of it! 

Thank you for your interest in the Rutgers Physician Assistant Program.  Your application is under the review of the Admissions Committee, and we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening.  This does not require any action on your part.  We do not have any further update for you at this time.  We have an exceptionally high volume of applications this year and we appreciate your patience through this process.

We will contact you again as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Admissions Committee

16 hours ago, briun said:

So nervous I got this email yesterday! Applied in Mid July!! Not entirely sure what to make of it! 

Thank you for your interest in the Rutgers Physician Assistant Program.  Your application is under the review of the Admissions Committee, and we have selected you to move on to the next round of screening.  This does not require any action on your part.  We do not have any further update for you at this time.  We have an exceptionally high volume of applications this year and we appreciate your patience through this process.

We will contact you again as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Admissions Committee

I got this email about mid-July and I just got an interview date today. Best of luck to you!

• Like 2

Submitted: July 13th

Verified: July 15th

Interview invite: Sept 20th

Interview date: Nov 5th 

I just wanted to share that I am not the typical Pre-PA invitee with stellar stats. My cGPA and sGPA are on the lower end (in fact, it's below the program's minimum...o_0) which is probably why my interview date is so far out. I did what Rutgers requested for GPAs less than the program's set minimums and explained why I had a low GPA. Anyways, my point in sharing this is for all of you that are in a similar position as mine, do not fret...hustle, hustle, hustle...someone will take notice of your worth.

Prep time and applying, I have been at this for about 5 years now; mind you, this is 5 years AFTER obtaining my bachelors degree. This is my 2nd cycle; 1st cycle my sGPA was below a 3.00 so I did not bother applying to schools with a 3.00 sGPA minimum.  

Don't give up and good luck to everyone! See ya'll at the interview!

Edited by Jkhen
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

On 9/28/2019 at 5:39 AM, JulCia said:

I got an email in July saying I made it to the second round of screening but no further action was needed, they'd be in contact. Does that mean I am going to be offered an interview? Or is that like the third screening or something lol. I feel like it's bad I haven't heard from them in so long!

I'm in the same boat lol they reached out to me in July with that email and I haven't heard anything back since