Boston University 2019-2020 Application Cycle

I sent an email today to reaffirm that there were no additional materials necessary for the admissions department to make their decision, since I had seen others were receiving interview invitations... The response I received was, "Hello, You are correct in that your application was complete, applications have been reviewed and invitations for interview sent out. Should you not have received those it means you did not make the cut." Sad and disappointed but hopefully this will just be a small part of the journey. 

Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by jalba

5 minutes ago, jalba said:

I sent an email today to reaffirm that there were no additional materials necessary for the admissions department to make their decision, since I had seen others were receiving interview invitations... The response I received was, "Hello, You are correct in that your application was complete, applications have been reviewed and invitations for interview sent out. Should you not have received those it means you did not make the cut." Sad and disappointed but hopefully this will just be a small part of the journey. 

Best of luck to everyone!

Thank you @jalba for the information. I also did not receive an invitation. Best of luck to you!

21 hours ago, c_francois said:

So, if you don't hear anything at all you should just assume that your are rejected?  They don't even give the courtesy of  a rejection  

Rejections and acceptances could be sent out on the same day next week. As applicants, we never really know and we just have to play the waiting game for these universities. 

18 hours ago, kek5388 said:

For those of you who have already interviewed,  how did you guys feel about their accreditation status? I interviewed already but it's been on my mind

You can take the PANCE when a university is accredited continued, provisional, or on probation. All that matters is the accreditation at the time you matriculate. So let's say the worst happens and they lose accreditation, you can still sit for the PANCE and get licensed because you matriculated when the university was accredited. Hope this helped 

18 hours ago, kek5388 said:

For those of you who have already interviewed,  how did you guys feel about their accreditation status? I interviewed already but it's been on my mind

Also you can read the reasons for their accreditation probation on the link below and determine if these reasons are serious for your own. 

http://www.arc-pa.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Accreditation-History-Boston-Univ-189.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...