Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, SPutnam2020 said:

Hey y'all! Has anyone tried reaching out to EVMS regarding feedback on your last application? I've emailed and also sent a message through my personalized URL, but haven't heard anything back yet.  Hope everyone is staying safe! 

I know they have been tied up with the start of some programs in August, that may be why you haven't heard anything. I would give it a week or two (since Monday is a holiday) and try again!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, patobe82 said:

So how many are in the group now Lauren?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of now there are 68 members. We had a meeting today and there were a few people on there who didn't know the FB group existed; also have to keep in mind the people who may not have FB.

Don't let that discourage you though. A lot of programs are just now starting to interview/send out decisions. Some people who have accepted to EVMS may change their mind if they are accepted at a different program, so there may be movement on the wait list in the coming months. 

1 minute ago, patobe82 said:

Mxray thank you for giving me this hope. I am trying to stay positive that I can join all of you in January! I have notified work that if I get an offer in January, I won’t be able to give little/ any notice! If they call I’m there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime! I'm sure it's hard to stay positive during this time. I hope you're able to join us in January as well! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m on the waiting list right now and my home page on my purl changed from good news we have received your application to good news your application has been sent to the admissions committee for a decision (this was 3 days ago) then yesterday I looked and had a new link for compliance documents which I had to check off that I downloaded the Evms student honor code , code of conduct and that I needed to accept the student health insurance or I would need to pay for my own. So I checked and downloaded everything and submitted it. Did anyone else get this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, patobe82 said:

I’m on the waiting list right now and my home page on my purl changed from good news we have received your application to good news your application has been sent to the admissions committee for a decision (this was 3 days ago) then yesterday I looked and had a new link for compliance documents which I had to check off that I downloaded the Evms student honor code , code of conduct and that I needed to accept the student health insurance or I would need to pay for my own. So I checked and downloaded everything and submitted it. Did anyone else get this? 

I just noticed my purl changed to the same statement as well! However, I haven’t received any of the new links (yet 🤞🏻)!

• Like 1

Congrats to those who got an invite off the waitlist!! 😃 For those of you on the waitlist, did any of you submit a new application for the following cycle? I'm unsure if I should go forward with my application or wait until January. I was told by Rose to submit my application in December, but I don't want to waste money if I get an invite before then. 

24 minutes ago, SPutnam2020 said:

Congrats to those who got an invite off the waitlist!! 😃 For those of you on the waitlist, did any of you submit a new application for the following cycle? I'm unsure if I should go forward with my application or wait until January. I was told by Rose to submit my application in December, but I don't want to waste money if I get an invite before then. 

There is no advantage to submitting your application right now since it is non rolling admissions. Rose is correct-wait until December or January. 

13 minutes ago, FuturePA9987 said:

There is no advantage to submitting your application right now since it is non rolling admissions. Rose is correct-wait until December or January. 

Thank you! I will wait until January. Just wasn't sure if anyone else on the waitlist had submitted anything yet, but I guess it really wouldn't make sense to do that this early on. 

• 2 weeks later...