Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

7 minutes ago, spay12 said:

Congrats to all those who were accepted!!! Wishing you all the best!!! 

To those still waiting, do you guys think the acceptances are still coming in waves? 

I'm hoping so! Considering that interviews went out in waves I'm assuming that acceptances will as well! 

• Like 1

Good afternoon!

Congratulations on your acceptance! We invite you to join the Class of 2023 facebook page and to let you know that we are available for advice or to ask questions to help you transition into this exciting chapter in your PA journey. Myself and the rest of 2022 will be in the group as well. We look forward to seeing you in next year! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2835762423321927

Edited by jphann
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Good afternoon!
Congratulations on your acceptance! We invite you to join the Class of 2023 facebook page and to let you know that we are available for advice or to ask questions to help you transition into this exciting chapter in your PA journey. Myself and the rest of 2022 will be in the group as well. We look forward to seeing you in next year! 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2835762423321927

Hi jphann! Thank you! Do you happen to know if all of the acceptances have been sent out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Alf012 said:

Hi jphann! Thank you! Do you happen to know if all of the acceptances have been sent out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren't told by the adcom if they are all sent out or not. I would say that some current students did not receive an acceptance email on the same day of each other.

• Like 3

Another current student here: I’d be very surprised if there weren’t any more offers. There are also always people that don’t accept their offer for some reason or another. It’s not time to lose hope, although the angst is totally understandable. Keep your chin up everyone it’s not over!

• Like 5

Thank you so much. That is great to hear. It’s not over until it’s official in email form. Even then, it’s not over for those who truly want to be a PA, we will never give up until we are a provider. For myself, that’s at EVMS in particular. 

Edited by Amymarie89
  • Like 4

Hey everyone. I'm usually more of a lurker/reader versus poster on here, but I wanted to blast out a message real quick.

We all understand how stressful and drawn out this process is - especially all the re-applicants out there (shout out - me too). We're all trying to do something big for our futures and for the future of medicine, and as inspiring as it is to get this far and meet other intelligent, qualified, like-minded individuals, it's still difficult to learn that you or someone you know didn't get an initial acceptance. The selection process is tough and we have no idea what quotas the school is trying to fill or even what they're really looking for in each individual applicant. That being said, if you made it this far you clearly stand apart from the rest and have a true calling to this field. Do not be discouraged by the decisions made by the EVMS admissions committee! Please do not feel any less intelligent or worthy just because you were waitlisted or rejected. I know I struggled with this last year, and will struggle with it again this year in the event that I don't get an offer. The bottom line is that we all worked so hard to get where we are and as long as we don't lose sight of our end goal and give up, we will all be successful P.A.'s one day. 

Stay positive, y'all.

-C

image.png.f92f56a7c37b338dfef3181a504c5d66.png

• Like 15
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ATtoPA2020 said:

So for anyone that paid the deposit through your PURL and accepted the offer, it still shows that you need to “deposit now” still right? I just want to make sure everyone else’s is still lagging. The link to do the background check hasn’t came up yet on my account too. 

My purl just updated like an hour ago to do the background check, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spay12 said:

Hiii guys I see that there are two current Facebook pages - one has 30 people and the other has 100+. Given this info does that mean that all offers have gone out? Did anyone receive an invite after the Friday/Saturday date??? 

Hi there! The one with 30 is the “just us” class of 2023. Link above in my comment. The one with 100+ is the combined c/o 22/23 group! 

2 hours ago, LaurenR19 said:

Hello All, 

Congratulations to all those accepted. To those still waiting, do not give up hope! 

below is the link for the c/o 2023 FB group. Please send a link and either I or the other admin will accept! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/562603614409203/?ref=share

Hey Lauren! the name of the c/o 2023 FB group is super similar to the co-class group....I personally feel like changing the name would create less confusion! 
:) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mems94 said:

Hey Lauren! the name of the c/o 2023 FB group is super similar to the co-class group....I personally feel like changing the name would create less confusion! 
🙂

Hi there! I didn’t create the group. The other admin did. Our plan is to all get together and come up with an inside joke for the name (keeping tradition with previous cohorts). Our “just us” group now has “just us” in the name for the time being! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soontobepakg said:

It has been 72 hours since the first wave of offers. How long do you guys think until the next wave? Also, of those who did get in.. how many people have joined the Facebook page? Just so we can gauge how many people they have sent offers to that have accepted it.

Those given offers have ten days to accept! I do think we were all so excited we accepted immediately, but don’t quote me on that. 

Hey there @Amymarie89! Holding onto a bit of hope, but definitely feeling a bit sad to be honest. I just want to know if I need to prepare a new application or prepare for PA school in January! I need to enroll in an online prereq course this fall if I get rejected this cycle, since it expired this summer 😞 Prayers always help though! I'll say a prayer for you as well 😊

• Like 2