Jump to content

Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Erskinesimone38 said:

Did you always have all those links? Like research and tuition? Or did that just pop up after you were invited for an interview? 

Those links popped up after my interview invite. I did not have much there, including events, pa information, and the others prior to my invite. 
 

It looks like @FuturePA9987 gave some troubleshooting tips above! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, FuturePA9987 said:

If you go to go.evms.edu/yourfullname/admissions, it will take you to a page to Register. Click "forgot password" and then once you are able to log in, you will have access to the entire link. I had the same issue and that is what I was told by the AdCom.

Hope this helps.

I tried this and a link does not show up, however, I did click the forgot password link about a month ago so I may have messed something up... 🙂 I have reached out to the school and will post an update for those who may have the same issue.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mxray said:

I tried this and a link does not show up, however, I did click the forgot password link about a month ago so I may have messed something up... 🙂 I have reached out to the school and will post an update for those who may have the same issue.

I did the same thing fiddling around in the link 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, FuturePA9987 said:

If you go to go.evms.edu/yourfullname/admissions, it will take you to a page to Register. Click "forgot password" and then once you are able to log in, you will have access to the entire link. I had the same issue and that is what I was told by the AdCom.

Hope this helps.

When I type that in it just brings me to the main page that i’ve been staring at and there still is no extra link for the PA interview information? I don’t see anything for forgot password. I guess I feel better knowing that nobody else has additional information either way. I wonder if it has anything to do with 2nd wave invitations vs 1st wave? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mxray said:

I tried this and a link does not show up, however, I did click the forgot password link about a month ago so I may have messed something up... 🙂 I have reached out to the school and will post an update for those who may have the same issue.

I did that same thing a month or so ago before the invitations had gotten sent out! Let me know what you hear since i’m right there with you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ATtoPA2020 said:

When I type that in it just brings me to the main page that i’ve been staring at and there still is no extra link for the PA interview information? I don’t see anything for forgot password. I guess I feel better knowing that nobody else has additional information either way. I wonder if it has anything to do with 2nd wave invitations vs 1st wave? 

I’m a 1st wave invite so I might not be much help, but the day I received my invite, those tabs appeared! It was actually the night before. 
 

I just go to: go.evms.edu/yourfullname and it brings up my page and then I click on “more” 

I attached more pictures! For full name it is just first and last! 

46239BA7-39B0-4D66-8683-DD6060A58DD0.png

4BC71339-C9E7-44AC-9E50-0E86FA4CE431.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ATtoPA2020 said:

I did that same thing a month or so ago before the invitations had gotten sent out! Let me know what you hear since i’m right there with you! 

The link to use is  https://go.evms.edu/yourname/applications  after you change or enter your password you should see a symbol that looks like an eye and says hidden applications. Click on that and then click on the 2020 application. Once I clicked on that the other links popped up. Hope this helps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mxray said:

The link to use is  https://go.evms.edu/yourname/applications  after you change or enter your password you should see a symbol that looks like an eye and says hidden applications. Click on that and then click on the 2020 application. Once I clicked on that the other links popped up. Hope this helps!

Thank you, it worked! Now that I looked at it, I remembered clicking something saying hide application a little while back and didn’t know what it had done. Thank you!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, DOCRAH said:

So I'm guessing that's it for interview invitations?? Anyone reach out to the program??

I reached out last Thursday and they said they were still filling spots and we should hear something by the end of this week. But I haven't gotten a rejection letter yet and it doesn't seem like they sent out anymore invites either. 

Edited by tvaney
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, tvaney said:

I reached out last Thursday and they said they were still filling spots and we should hear something by the end of this week. But I haven't gotten a rejection letter yet and it doesn't seem like they sent out anymore invites either. 

Well then there's still hope for us that are still waiting for interviews then if they are still filling spots. Hopefully we might hear good news later today!!🤞 Thanks for the info tvaney!

Edited by DOCRAH
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, somerskm said:

Does anyone have a link on their drop down called “document upload” on their personal URL? I’m worried I missed something and was supposed to upload stuff...

I do not have that. I also have an interview invite and that was on my PURL before I received an invite. 

My events tab in my PURL also states that registration is full. Unsure if they have sent out rejections yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, somerskm said:

Does anyone have a link on their drop down called “document upload” on their personal URL? I’m worried I missed something and was supposed to upload stuff...

When I initially received my PURL (in Jan) the 'document upload' link was there. I just checked and the link is no longer there. I used the link to submit a transcript for my radiology program as CASPA would not accept it since the program was through a hospital and not a college/university. As long as your application checklist is complete I wouldn't worry that you missed something. 

Edited by mxray
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, nidhi1992 said:

I haven't received any updates & idk if I should bother them again since I asked for an update in May. 

How did you guys get the link to update your app? I never got any link except for the email that said I met the requirements but there was no link on it. if I go on it shows the password page but I never created anything & oddly enough if I request new password it has my email & phone number where they can send me more info but neither of those work.

Thank you!

 

Update: I received the password after few minutes. Is there anything I need to do on here? It just says my file's complete but doesn't give an option to edit more things.

If it says your file is complete I wouldn't think there is anything else you need to do. Since registration for interviews is full, I think the document upload link has been removed because they are no longer reviewing applications. 

Also, I know it may sound silly, but you may want to remove your PURL link in your above post since it is your personal account 😊

Edited by mxray
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, flyer89 said:

Got a rejection email about 5 mins. No surprise since my application was average at best. Going to re-apply for the 2021 cycle for sure since my stats are alot better this year. Wished you guys the best! 🙂

I’m so sorry; however, my recommendation would be to reach out to them and ask for a review of your application for specific areas to improve upon especially if EVMS is the school you’re set on! 
 

I am a first year applicant and met with the program back in October to do a review before submission. I did what they said and received an invite to interview during first wave! They are extremely helpful and really like to see a commitment to their program! 
 

I wish you the best! If you’d like, feel free to message me and I can assist, too! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Received my rejection email at 4:42 pm. Figured this would come since I didn't hear anything from any of the waves. Hate that it took practically a month to get a No again from another program and that they didn't return my call or email I sent.... but that's OK. I'll contact EVMS, attend their webinar, and improve other areas of my application so that next time an interview and acceptance will come my way:-) This isn't a setback but rather it's setting me and all of us to receive the acceptance emails that will change our lives later on when we that didn't get in this past cycle apply again in future cycles. Congrats to all those who received interviews to EVMS and all those that have been accepted to other programs this past cycle...you all will make great PA-C's no doubt in my mind!!

Edited by DOCRAH
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More