2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

1 hour ago, a1023 said:

At my interview day I remember David saying we'll hear by November 19th. I even wrote it down in my notes from the day because I was surprised they gave a definitive date since no other school had... but now it's the 20th and I still haven't heard either so at this point I have no idea 😐

I didn't write down exactly what David said but I think I remember him just saying at my interview date (sept 24) we'd hear something by thanksgiving!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest y1tenorio

Got accepted end of October. Decided to give up my seat to attend Emory instead. Hope this moves someone out of the the wait-list.  Wishing everyone the best in their future careers as a PA! 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, PAendeavors said:

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist by chance?? I am on the waitlist and wondering if I should just give up on thinking this is an option ?

I wouldn't give it up as an option unless you have to or if you run out of time for other schools for yourself! Yale doesn't start until August and people could get off the waitlist at their preferred school (or just be accepted somewhere else) and give up their seat at Yale in the several coming months!

edit: also I believe Yale is done interviewing so they would start pulling from the waitlist instead of upcoming interviewees if anyone gives up their seat

Edited by qwerty0984

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I emailed them a couple days ago to ask about that, and this was Meridith's response:

"You are certainly more than welcome to send a letter of interest to the committee. I am happy to keep the letter in your file should a seat open up."

However, I got a call literally two hours after that email that I got off the waitlist (!!!!!), and I realized at the time she sent that, they already knew they were going to accept me. Maybe she would have gone into more detail, if I wasn't already in? Either way, the email didn't seem to bother them, and it seems like they'd be receptive to an update.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:22 PM, Sheras said:

Has anyone heard anything about a Facebook group? I want to start looking into housing/finding roommates. 

Hello, 

A FB group will be set up by Meredith when she can enroll students, and you will definitely get a notice from her when the time comes. In the meantime, if you're interested you can look into the Yale Housing FB page for leasing opportunities and availability. 

10 hours ago, prePA1020 said:

Hi! Congratulations! Do you remember when they needed an answer/deposit by? Getting ready to apply this year and I’m trying to get a good idea of the timeline 

They give you ten business days after you get the offer letter I believe, which they sent to me a day after calling me with the acceptance.

• 1 month later...