2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

22 hours ago, y1tenorio said:

Anyone remember when the Yale PA program has breaks during the school year? Like is there a summer break at all?

Since it starts in August it's kind of like getting a summer break before starting! But from what I remember from the interview (I didn't take great notes on that part) I think there's a 2 week winter break and maybe something similar in the summer? But not a whole trimester off if that's your question.

I was excited to get an acceptance call last Thursday! To be honest though, I forget a lot that was mentioned during the information sessions, they're always such long, crazy days. I would really appreciate if anyone who went on an interview day could reply with what were their personal favorite parts of the program (and even negatives that may have come up if you want) were, or what stood out to them. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, mgallagher7897 said:

I was excited to get an acceptance call last Thursday! To be honest though, I forget a lot that was mentioned during the information sessions, they're always such long, crazy days. I would really appreciate if anyone who went on an interview day could reply with what were their personal favorite parts of the program (and even negatives that may have come up if you want) were, or what stood out to them. Thanks!

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing what day you interviewed? 

I'll try to review my notes about that interview day and get you some info.

On 11/8/2019 at 5:40 AM, mgallagher7897 said:

Thank you! I went on 9/26

I put down my deposit for this program and got confirmation last Friday. 🙂

I think I really liked the ILCE, and the fact that grades are pass/fail. There are big brothers/sisters, I believe you get paired with a student in the class above you? And then optional courses like US health justice, global health, Spanish, etc. I also just really liked the tour and the vibes I got!

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 5:03 PM, Chris14 said:

It appears that Yale calls for acceptances and defers all other interviewees until the process has finished? I haven't noticed anyone stating they were waitlisted or rejected from an interview. Does anyone have insight?

I feel like that is what happens, I've noticed in the past that waitlists and rejections come out some time in November (probably after interviews finish) and they accept some people as they go?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, qwerty0984 said:

I feel like that is what happens, I've noticed in the past that waitlists and rejections come out some time in November (probably after interviews finish) and they accept some people as they go?

So tired of waiting😫 I assume it is a ''no'' by now, but just want to know. 

15 minutes ago, NikPA said:

So tired of waiting😫 I assume it is a ''no'' by now, but just want to know. 

I don't blame you! I assume you could definitely still get accepted, who knows how many they've accepted so far and how many have accepted their seats. When I was called it was over a month after my interview, and I thought I'd be rejected/waitlisted, especially since some people from my interview date had already been called! 

Edited by qwerty0984