2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2019 at 11:31 PM, LeahT said:

Interviewing 9/26, to God be the glory! Anyone interviewing before then, would you mind sharing the style of interview (group/ individual/MMI) etc. Thank you and best of luck to everyone!

Submitted: 6/6/19

Verified: 6/10/19

App received by program: 7/16/19

Interview Invite: 8/30/19

Hello,

It's an individual interview and should be one of the most laid back interviews you will ever have for PA schools (at least for me), so as cliche as it sound just be yourself and highlight who you really are. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 10:46 AM, NewPAS2019 said:

Hello,

It's an individual interview and should be one of the most laid back interviews you will ever have for PA schools (at least for me), so as cliche as it sound just be yourself and highlight who you really are. Good luck!

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate it! 🙂

• Like 1

Hey everyone, 

Interview invite received 9/23. Going to the 9/26 day. Hope to see some of you there! I saw the email said the schedule will include “your interview” among other things like a tour, lunch, and lecture (?). Idk why I got the feeling like the interview would be relaxed. Then above someone commented that it would be an easiest interview we would have lol. Makes me feel a lot better about it 

5 hours ago, papaya said:

@Conpep Hi there!

Hope your interview went well!

Do you have any advice for the rest of us going in? Are what most people saying about it being very relaxed true or do you think it was more traditional interview style? Any input is much appreciated, thank you so much and good luck to you!:)

Interviewed yesterday. It really was the easiest interview you’ll probably have this season. 30 min blocks and you speak with two faculty members. They don’t have any particular questions they ask per say, they just ask you things about your resume or personal statement. Very relaxed. Rest of the day is breeze. Enjoy yourself and good luck! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Conpep said:

Interviewed yesterday. It really was the easiest interview you’ll probably have this season. 30 min blocks and you speak with two faculty members. They don’t have any particular questions they ask per say, they just ask you things about your resume or personal statement. Very relaxed. Rest of the day is breeze. Enjoy yourself and good luck! 

Was there an essay? Glad it went well for you!

Hi @Conpep, did you really not have an essay?  A couple months back I sent an email to admissions asking what their interview set-up was. They said the interview consisted of an overview of the program, a one-on-one with two faculty members, an essay portion, tour, lunch, and meet and greet with current and former students. So did you really not have an essay? Also, are we required to bring a 2x2 picture of ourselves? 

1 hour ago, DianaPrince060217 said:

Hi @Conpep, did you really not have an essay?  A couple months back I sent an email to admissions asking what their interview set-up was. They said the interview consisted of an overview of the program, a one-on-one with two faculty members, an essay portion, tour, lunch, and meet and greet with current and former students. So did you really not have an essay? Also, are we required to bring a 2x2 picture of ourselves? 

Thank you posting this. Where did you find out about the picture? I remember something like that but can't find it!

1 hour ago, NikPA said:

Thank you posting this. Where did you find out about the picture? I remember something like that but can't find it!

2 hours ago, DianaPrince060217 said:

There was definitely no essay lol. Not sure maybe they changed their format before the first interview date this week? 

We arrive at 0830, had a program overview, tour of the campus and surrounding yale facilities, interviews, lunch, then sit in on a lecture. 

Meridith took pictures of everyone--we were never asked to bring a photo. I only brought a copy of my resume and statement, but didn't end up needing it. Hope this helps

• Like 3