Jump to content

2019-2020 Application Cycle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was at the Oct 25/26 interview. To be honest, I really liked the student panel because it felt real and genuine. I wasn't looking to be further convinced about why I should choose Stanford, but

Just received an interview invite for October 25th and October 26th! SUPER EXCITED! 

Does anyone know the cost of attendance for Stanford? I am looking at the Cost of Attendance form on their website, and I am confused. How many quarters are there? Is there 9 of them? If living on cam

Posted Images

17 hours ago, prinsista said:

 

I interviewed 9/20 and got an acceptance call Tues 9/24! Do you know when we will get an official acceptance email?

Sorry I'm not sure either, I was told "soon" haha. Congrats! 

*Edit: I got the official acceptance email today 9/26/19.

Edited by chp036
updated info
Link to post
Share on other sites

When they say this is a panel style interview, do they mean multiple applicants interviewed at once or multiple interviewers? Just have to clarify because on the website, they said they will ask standard questions and then personal questions. So, if it is a group of applicants, do we just sit quietly for other's personal questions?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 3:46 PM, MackenzieB said:

I’m on the interview waitlist. Does anyone know how likely they are to pull from this for interview invites? Congrats to everyone who has interviewed 🙂

To my knowledge there are only 2 interview sessions - 1 in sept and 1 on Oct 25th. I’m not sure if they’ll add another interview session, but in my opinion it’s not very likely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, Pa98173jd said:

When they say this is a panel style interview, do they mean multiple applicants interviewed at once or multiple interviewers? Just have to clarify because on the website, they said they will ask standard questions and then personal questions. So, if it is a group of applicants, do we just sit quietly for other's personal questions?

 

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 5:33 PM, prinsista said:

To my knowledge there are only 2 interview sessions - 1 in sept and 1 on Oct 25th. I’m not sure if they’ll add another interview session, but in my opinion it’s not very likely. 

i’m not 100% sure about this. i was told beginning of the month that i’m on the interview waitlist, and to take the casper test for further consideration. at that point, the last day to take the test is tomorrow. they would have to go over my results in a single day to interview me by the 25th. 

 

unless waitlist interviews are on a completely different day in november?

Edited by brynt
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest thePAway
2 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

Has anyone from the October 25/26 interview heard back yet?

I have not, but did anyone else feel like the student panel was pretty negative? I loved the info session and tour but I felt kind of discouraged after that part

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thePAway said:

I have not, but did anyone else feel like the student panel was pretty negative? I loved the info session and tour but I felt kind of discouraged after that part

I felt as though only the one 3rd year guy in rotations was very honest about his struggles in PA school. I think that it would be a lie if anyone in any PA school thought it was all rainbows and butterflies. On the other hand, I felt as though the staff and the students genuinely were very happy that they were a part of Stanford's program and the support, resources, and opportunities provided. In my opinion, the only negative thing that was discussed was the cost. There are plenty of scholarship/work opportunities to help counter act this though. Ultimately, if you did not like the feel of the program then I would encourage you to explore other routes that would suit your wants/needs better.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

also, the male mentioned above that mentioned his struggles is apart of the first class at Stanford after it switched to a Masters program, i.e. lots of bumps in the road to hammer out with a completely different program. With that being said, it appears as though every class after has had a more enjoyable and less stressful experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JK1996 said:

I felt as though only the one 3rd year guy in rotations was very honest about his struggles in PA school. I think that it would be a lie if anyone in any PA school thought it was all rainbows and butterflies. On the other hand, I felt as though the staff and the students genuinely were very happy that they were a part of Stanford's program and the support, resources, and opportunities provided. In my opinion, the only negative thing that was discussed was the cost. There are plenty of scholarship/work opportunities to help counter act this though. Ultimately, if you did not like the feel of the program then I would encourage you to explore other routes that would suit your wants/needs better.

Yea I was at the first interview and didnt get a negative vibe at all. Im curious what others thought though? @thePAway

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also felt the weakest part of the interview day was the student panel and did not feel that they answered some questions well. I really wanted them to sell me the school and honestly convince me it is worth the cost and move, but I am not sure they did that. Otherwise I really loved the day and will for sure still consider if I have the opportunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest thePAway
1 hour ago, 1234Ideclare said:

Yea I was at the first interview and didnt get a negative vibe at all. Im curious what others thought though? @thePAway

Part of it was just the general vibe because at other student panels I have been to the students have been so enthusiastic and proud of their program with so many specific reasons why they chose it. When someone asked why they chose stanford over other programs 3 people said they didn't get in anywhere else and one person said they were set to go to duke but then chose stanford because it's closer to her family and she has children who it would be nice to have support taking care of. And when asked whether the stanford name was worth the cost one student literally replied that the name of where you graduate from doesn't matter much. Don't get me wrong I think the facilities were incredible, the faculty seemed amazing and the electives seemed like a very unique opportunity- I was just disappointed by that one aspect of the interview day

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thePAway said:

Part of it was just the general vibe because at other student panels I have been to the students have been so enthusiastic and proud of their program with so many specific reasons why they chose it. When someone asked why they chose stanford over other programs 3 people said they didn't get in anywhere else and one person said they were set to go to duke but then chose stanford because it's closer to her family and she has children who it would be nice to have support taking care of. And when asked whether the stanford name was worth the cost one student literally replied that the name of where you graduate from doesn't matter much. Don't get me wrong I think the facilities were incredible, the faculty seemed amazing and the electives seemed like a very unique opportunity- I was just disappointed by that one aspect of the interview day

The one that initially chose duke said that the only reason that she chose it was due to cost. But again, everyone has their own preferences when it comes to PA school! Just because one person loved a program doesn't mean that you will or vise versa. Go with your gut!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1234Ideclare said:

Yea I was at the first interview and didnt get a negative vibe at all. Im curious what others thought though? @thePAway

I was at the Oct 25/26 interview.

To be honest, I really liked the student panel because it felt real and genuine. I wasn't looking to be further convinced about why I should choose Stanford, but rather wanted to know the challenges/ setbacks/ honest opinions from the students so I can make a better informed decision for myself if I were to receive an offer. It seemed like all of the students were happy that they chose Stanford and didn't regret their decision. Personally, I had a great impression of the program overall and I'm happy that the students were transparent with us during the panel.

Edited by stang57
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More