2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

9 hours ago, scoel92 said:

So if we haven't received a Casper invite, but we also haven't received a rejection letter... we still have a chance right?

I wonder if everyone who got an interview in previous years was sent a casper invite?

This is the first year they’ve implemented CASPer! However based on the email I received inviting me to take CASPer, they said I moved on to Phase Two of the application process and “All applicants in Phase Two of the 2019-2020 MSPA application cycle are required to take the CASPer online assessment to assist with our selection process.”

image.thumb.png.b0137be58f5517c7fbedf3c7e2a5c294.png

I just received this email regarding the CASPA email issues, so they are aware and are working to fix the issue. I would keep checking back and change the prefered email in CASPA as advised above. No news is still good news!

(this was sent to my gmail account, btw, and I had received their invitation prior, but sounds like they're being thorough.)

Edited by BreathlessCyan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BreathlessCyan said:

image.thumb.png.b0137be58f5517c7fbedf3c7e2a5c294.png

I just received this email regarding the CASPA email issues, so they are aware and are working to fix the issue. I would keep checking back and change the prefered email in CASPA as advised above. No news is still good news!

(this was sent to my gmail account, btw, and I had received their invitation prior, but sounds like they're being thorough.)

Have you taken CASPer yet? I didn't get this email, but I also had completed CASPer so maybe they were able to deduce that I did indeed get the message...

9 minutes ago, bayareafuturepa said:

Have you taken CASPer yet? I didn't get this email, but I also had completed CASPer so maybe they were able to deduce that I did indeed get the message...

I took the CASPer back in May and sent them my scores as soon as I received their invitation back in mid June. It says "results delivered" to Stanford on the CASPer site so I'm assuming they have them and that this was just part of the beginning of a mass email. They only sent it an hour ago so they may still be reaching out to students?

3 minutes ago, jyk38pa said:

Sure thing! 

Bachelor of Science in Nutrition/Dietetics (graduated May 2018), Master of Public Health in Chronic Disease Epidemiology (expected graduation May 2020)

cGPA: 3.92

sGPA: 3.88 

PCE/HCE: ~3000 hours (Clinical research working with breast cancer patients (working on Master's thesis now), Director of Referrals at a Free Clinic for undocumented/uninsured patients, Director of Services for a hypertension awareness and prevention program on campus, volunteering as a patient aide at chemo suite and another large hospital, internship at American Red Cross as Community Blood Drive Director) 

Research (non-clinical): 1040 (worked in two health-related research labs in undergraduate involving food insecurity and Latino health risks. Also did a summer internship in India on poverty and malnutrition)

Shadowing: 196 hours. (4 PAs, 1 NP, and 4 MDs. Specialties include dermatology, breast oncology, OB/GYN, urology, internal medicine, and family medicine)

Hoping other people get invites soon as well! 

Wow, that is very impressive! You definitely deserve it! Best of luck at that interview. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PAle3 said:

Wow, that is very impressive! You definitely deserve it! Best of luck at that interview. 🙂 

I realized I forgot to tell you my application timeline!

Here it is- Submitted CASPA 5/21 and was received by Stanford on 5/31. Received CASPer invitation on 6/7 (I had already taken CASPer in May for other programs so I immediately sent my scores). Heard back yesterday (8/16) for an October interview.

Hope this helps 🙂 

• Like 1