2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

2 minutes ago, jami483 said:

For all my fellow waitlisted applicants--they just sent me an email with what quartile I am on the waitlist! Best of luck to everyone 🙂

Was that waitlisted for acceptance or for an interview? I got an update on waitlist for acceptance that was just an update that we may be able to expect more info in January.

Just now, ccallen5 said:

Was that waitlisted for acceptance or for an interview? I got an update on waitlist for acceptance that was just an update that we may be able to expect more info in January.

I should have clarified, I'm sorry! I am currently on the waitlist for acceptance. I interviewed in November. 

16 minutes ago, alex97 said:

I got an email today with just an update about the alternate acceptance list, but didn’t get anything letting me know what quartile I’m in. Did you guys receive multiple emails?

same happened to me; I just got the first one, but not the one with what quartile I'm in. When did you interview?

I should have clarified, I'm sorry! I am currently on the waitlist for acceptance. I interviewed in November. 

Did you guys get an email saying that you’ll should receive an email via CASPA with an update by the end of the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/22/2019 at 2:03 PM, PreCAliPA1 said:

What did the email Update about the waitlist say?

I only got the one email. It reiterated what the alternate acceptance list is, then added this little tidbit after:

We have compiled the alternate acceptance list and wanted to give you an update. At this time we can provide an estimated quartile position for you. This is just an estimate since we have one interview session scheduled for January.

You are currently in the ******** of the waitlist.

I believe you can email them and ask what quartile you're in as well if they didn't send it to you. It would be more accurate if you asked after the last interview date though most likely 🙂 

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it by the way!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, Malik144 said:

Hey guys I’ll post my stats in a bit, felt a little weird about it because they weren’t amazing (especially not amazing). But hoping it might help you guys see a picture of what they could be looking for (Im not really sure either tbh). Blessed and feel really lucky to have gotten an acceptance but also I’m a 2nd time applicant so it was definite trial and error. If anyone had any questions (not that I know a lot lol). Feel free to message me.

Hi, my stats also leave something to be desired in terms of GPA, and I am also a second time applicant! I was wondering how you prepared for the MMI interview as this is my first interview of that type. I am so excited to interview later this month!

25 minutes ago, mel123 said:

Hi, my stats also leave something to be desired in terms of GPA, and I am also a second time applicant! I was wondering how you prepared for the MMI interview as this is my first interview of that type. I am so excited to interview later this month!

It sucks to say but there is really no preparing for it. I looked up about 100 questions, just to kind of see what the questions might be. None of them showed up, the best way to handle the situation is be honest with what you do and how you feel. They honestly can pick out rehearsed answers, as long as you dont come off as you dont care and dont say anything too crazy you'll be fine! They also want to see how you interact, its obviously a very stressful day but one of my best interviews came from me not taking myself so seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 3:03 AM, Malik144 said:

It sucks to say but there is really no preparing for it. I looked up about 100 questions, just to kind of see what the questions might be. None of them showed up, the best way to handle the situation is be honest with what you do and how you feel. They honestly can pick out rehearsed answers, as long as you dont come off as you dont care and dont say anything too crazy you'll be fine! They also want to see how you interact, its obviously a very stressful day but one of my best interviews came from me not taking myself so seriously.

Thank you so much for your insight!

Hi, everyone! 

I emailed Rush asking about my position on the acceptance waitlist since I saw that some others got their quartiles. They told me they aren't able to provide me my quartile information. They said it's because most positions will change after the last January interview. They stated they only gave candidate's who had a low likelihood of changing quartile their positions. Did anyone else get a similar email from them? I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, everyone! 
I emailed Rush asking about my position on the acceptance waitlist since I saw that some others got their quartiles. They told me they aren't able to provide me my quartile information. They said it's because most positions will change after the last January interview. They stated they only gave candidate's who had a low likelihood of changing quartile their positions. Did anyone else get a similar email from them? I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. 

I’m also on the waitlist and they didn’t send me a quartile in the recent email. I’m wondering if not receiving one is good or bad, given what you just said. Hard to tell, but hopefully they’ll send another email after the Jan interview