2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

Hi, there!
Congrats to everyone that’s gotten an acceptance and fingers crossed for everyone else waiting for a response! I interviewed at Rush back in July and was placed on the alternate acceptance list. I was wondering if anyone knew exactly how this works? If you interviewed at the earlier sessions, does this mean that you are higher up on the waitlist or would they rank everyone on the waitlist after all the sessions were over and pull off the list in that order? I want to clarify with the program itself but I’m sure they’re incredibly busy at the moment. If anyone is familiar with their waitlist process, your help would be appreciated! Thanks so much! 

On 10/13/2019 at 4:10 PM, biancak said:

I ended up emailing them and this is the reply that I received: 

Thank you for your continued interest in the Rush University PA Program and we sincerely apologize for the delayed response regarding your application. I just checked on your application and it is still in the review process by our Admissions Committee.  We have received a much higher than anticipated number of candidates for this year and at this time we are anticipating that you should receive an update within the next few weeks. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any questions regarding the program or our admission process.

So I guess it’s going to take a few more weeks! The waiting continues... 

thanks so much for sharing! 

On 10/13/2019 at 4:10 PM, biancak said:

I ended up emailing them and this is the reply that I received: 

Thank you for your continued interest in the Rush University PA Program and we sincerely apologize for the delayed response regarding your application. I just checked on your application and it is still in the review process by our Admissions Committee.  We have received a much higher than anticipated number of candidates for this year and at this time we are anticipating that you should receive an update within the next few weeks. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any questions regarding the program or our admission process.

So I guess it’s going to take a few more weeks! The waiting continues... 

Have you heard anything back yet? 

On 10/25/2019 at 4:40 PM, IMK15 said:

i got an email yesterday stating i was on the waitlist for an interview. so, it's better than a rejection, but still in a bit of a limbo

On 10/24/2019 at 4:15 PM, moore7ke said:

I was also placed on an interview wait list! However, I am not getting my hopes up 🤔 I think I was placed on the interview wait list because I meet all the minimum criteria.

On 10/24/2019 at 4:06 PM, han96 said:

I just got the interview waitlist email too. Does anyone know what the realistic chances are of getting pulled from the waitlist for an interview?

Well, I just gave up my interview spot on Nov 8th, so I hope one of you hears good news! 🙂

40 minutes ago, Mm1989 said:

Anyone else Who interviewed 10/25 nervously hitting refresh on their email?! 2 weeks will be tomorrow, hopefully we find out soon, I’m stressing!! 

Same! I've been obsessively checking my email all week. Hopefully their 2 week window actually means 2 weeks. I might go crazy if we have to wait much longer.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:22 AM, UciGirlPA said:

Congrats!!! This is so exciting!! I interviewed on 11/8 too we probably met. Hi future classmate 

On 11/11/2019 at 8:46 PM, EMS123 said:

Interviewed on 11/8 and just received an acceptance letter today!! I am so excited!!!

Congratulations you two! I interviewed on 11/8 and was waitlisted. I still have hope :)!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...