2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

1 hour ago, ccallen5 said:

I suppose it's possible they meant 10-14 business days. If that's the case today is 12 business days, but who's counting, lol.

True, I went ahead and sent an email because I'm inpatient, and it seems like the longest time they've held people waiting was until yesterday. Hopefully we get an answer soon!

7 hours ago, gwacie321 said:

True, I went ahead and sent an email because I'm inpatient, and it seems like the longest time they've held people waiting was until yesterday. Hopefully we get an answer soon!

Thank you! Yes please share if you hear back. It’s probably good that you did email because of the caspa email delivery issues they’ve had. 

Got this from Dr. Chen did anyone else get this?

“I am writing to update you on the status of your admission to the program.

Typically we notify candidates regarding our admissions decisions within 2 weeks of interview, however due to an unanticipated administrative issue, we are experiencing delays in our notification process. We anticipate contacting you by the end of business, October 11 regarding your admissions status.

I apologize for the delay, and thank you for your patience. I assure you the issue is not with you or the interview session you attended.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, or if you do not receive an update by the end of next week.”

:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gwacie321 said:

Typically we notify candidates regarding our admissions decisions within 2 weeks of interview, however due to an unanticipated administrative issue, we are experiencing delays in our notification process. We anticipate contacting you by the end of business, October 11 regarding your admissions status.

I apologize for the delay, and thank you for your patience. I assure you the issue is not with you or the interview session you attended.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, or if you do not receive an update by the end of next week.”

😕

Yep! That's 2 weeks after the 9/27 interview date so maybe they're reviewing both September interviews together? Oh well, at least this means I can stop obsessing over my email until 10/11! hah

1 hour ago, gwacie321 said:

😕

Yeah, I got the same email. Another week of stressing, huzzah! 

1 hour ago, JS1994 said:

Just received an email stating I’m waitlisted.

2 hours ago, ccallen5 said:

Just found out I was offered a seat on the alternative list after interviewing on 9/13.

Same here, there’s still hope! This was my first interview and first waitlist. It’s killing me but It’s okay, gonna try to stay positive. Good luck to all of us! 

Hi! I received an email from Rush that they received my verified application from CASPA on September 16. They state that one can expect to receive an update regarding status within three weeks from that date. Has anyone experienced having to wait longer than three weeks? My three weeks isn't up until October 7, but I just wanted to know how long most people had to wait? 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 4:55 PM, monicastrauss said:

Hi! I received an email from Rush that they received my verified application from CASPA on September 16. They state that one can expect to receive an update regarding status within three weeks from that date. Has anyone experienced having to wait longer than three weeks? My three weeks isn't up until October 7, but I just wanted to know how long most people had to wait? 

I submitted my application on the exact same day. I haven't heard anything either, I've been checking my email all day!

On 10/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, monicastrauss said:

On 10/7/2019 at 5:24 PM, moore7ke said:

I submitted my application on the exact same day. I haven't heard anything either, I've been checking my email all day!

I also received that same email on Sept. 16! I’m tempted to send an email requesting a status update since it has been 3 weeks already, but I don’t want to be annoying to the admissions department 😕 

11 hours ago, biancak said:

I also received that same email on Sept. 16! I’m tempted to send an email requesting a status update since it has been 3 weeks already, but I don’t want to be annoying to the admissions department 😕 

I'm going on 6 weeks waiting for a response.  My guess is they are a little slower than anticipated due to the close proximity to application deadline.  Just trying to sit and be patient with fingers crossed!

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone-

Rush was very behind throughout my entire application process too! I wouldn't worry too much yet! I didn't hear from them until about a month after they said I could expect to hear from them. They were even a little behind in giving decisions after interviews. I think it's just a busy year for them, so hang in there! With that, I will be declining my seat into the Program as I have accepted elsewhere, so I hope that gives everyone waiting a bit of hope! Whoever gets my seat, I hope you love the Program as much as I do! Good luck everyone! 

• Like 1

So does anyone have more information on the waitlist/if they are full/what that whole situation is? I am scheduled to interview in a few weeks but have already been accepted to other programs. Do we still have a chance or is it just a waste of money at this point? I tried emailing but have not received a response

Thanks for your help!

5 hours ago, UciGirlPA said:

Just got an interview offer from Rush University! Interviewing first week of November, beyond excited. Good luck to everyone

Congratulations! Were you initially placed on the interview waitlist or was the invite your first correspondence with Rush after you applied?

6 hours ago, monicastrauss said:

Yeah I don't know what to do, especially since we're coming up on 4 weeks now

I ended up emailing them and this is the reply that I received: 

Thank you for your continued interest in the Rush University PA Program and we sincerely apologize for the delayed response regarding your application. I just checked on your application and it is still in the review process by our Admissions Committee.  We have received a much higher than anticipated number of candidates for this year and at this time we are anticipating that you should receive an update within the next few weeks. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any questions regarding the program or our admission process.

So I guess it’s going to take a few more weeks! The waiting continues... 

• Like 1