2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

On 7/25/2019 at 3:01 PM, sml910 said:

I interviewed 6/21 and was accepted - I will be attending, based entirely on my interview day! The interview day was hands down the best interview day I’ve ever had - very organized, very efficient, and completely relaxed. The MMI was not something you can prepare for, other than being in touch with yourself and your experiences. They just want to see how you think and how you respond to situations. I found it really fun, engaging and interesting. 

I fell in love with this program from the interview day. The program director was so deeply passionate about the program and was so sincere, her enthusiasm was infectious. You could tell how much she actually cared about all of the students, which is fairly unique given the scope of the program director’s role. Every single student and faculty member that I met that day was so humble, kind, and genuine. There wasn’t a single hint of a competitive nature on the campus, which I loved. It was a collaborative atmosphere comprised of people that seemed to really care about supporting each other. This was really important to me, as I went to Northwestern, which had the exact opposite culture. The facility was very nice, convenient, and easy to navigate. Lots of little perks to make life a little easier on students. Tons of resources on campus. So much opportunity for advanced clinical access - the director mentioned you can sit in on grand rounds any time you would like and there’s tons of opportunities like that. Cadaver labs aren’t available at all schools so this was also important to me. This list got lengthy so I’m sorry but important to share because I had no idea how badly I wanted to go to Rush until I went to that interview, and it changed everything for me! 

Good luck to everyone and see whoever ends up here in May!! 😊

I started a new thread for those of us who accepted seats. Drop by!

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, emmaidk said:

I was waitlisted for an interview on 7/8, and just now received another (?) email telling me the exact same thing. Weird. Anyone else get a second email?

I got a second waitlist email for an interview! I’m going to respond and make sure I’m still on the waitlist and ask if there are any other updates.

13 minutes ago, AndrewPowell said:

Confirmed 5/30, emailed them an original email on 7/19 asking for my status, was told 2-3 more weeks. Emailed again on 8/9, and they said it would be an additional 4 weeks due to the large number of applicants. Anyone else in the same boat? 

I have yet to hear too since being verified 5/30

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AndrewPowell said:

Confirmed 5/30, emailed them an original email on 7/19 asking for my status, was told 2-3 more weeks. Emailed again on 8/9, and they said it would be an additional 4 weeks due to the large number of applicants. Anyone else in the same boat? 

Me! They told me to wait till the end of August....so we will see

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jc0863 said:

I got a second waitlist email for an interview! I’m going to respond and make sure I’m still on the waitlist and ask if there are any other updates.

This was the response I received:

Thank you for your continued interest in the PA program at Rush University. We apologize for the duplicate email but we were contacted by CASPA stating that they had reports of email delivery issues to specific email domains, so we resent some of our correspondences so help ensure they were received. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and at this time I have confirmed you are still on the waitlist for an interview.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:38 PM, AndrewPowell said:

When did you apply ? And mind sharing your stats ?

Yeah! I applied June 19. Verified about a week after. Honestly surprised I got an interview but I wrote my PS about how I enjoy serving my community, and I feel like thats one of Rush's main missions. 

cGPA: 3.53

sGPA: 3.49 

2300 hours as a primary care MA 

500 hours as a primary care x ray technician

1000 hours as a research coordinator assistant 

100 hours shadowing a PA, Surgeon, NP 

60 hours tutoring kids 

200 hours volunteering (soup kitchen, etc. ) 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, nprice8 said:

Received an interview invite this morning for October 25th! I'm in disbelief. 

16 hours ago, MOOKH said:

I just got an email for 9/27 Interview too! My first invite so far and i cannot wait! Good luck everyone! 

Ahhh congrats to you both!! Mind sharing when your application was verified and/or your stats? Thanks and good luck on the interviews!!! 

For people who have already interviewed, how professional is your headshot? Do you wear a whole suit, or did it not really matter..?

Additionally, does anybody interviewing on 9/13 want to get dinner the night before? I’m coming in from out of town and don’t know anyone in the city! 

Edited by jshatz29

49 minutes ago, jshatz29 said:

For people who have already interviewed, how professional is your headshot? Do you wear a whole suit, or did it not really matter..?

Additionally, does anybody interviewing on 9/13 want to get dinner the night before? I’m coming in from out of town and don’t know anyone in the city! 

I wore a nice button shirt and adidas pants lool

My application was verified and under review at Rush on 6/14, and I still hadn't heard anything back from them regarding the status of my application. I email them earlier today to see if I could get an update, and they responded and said " Upon checking your application, we sent a status update email in June but it looks like there was a problem with the delivery. " They resent me the email that was originally sent in June and I am on the interview wait list! If you haven't heard back from them yet, maybe consider emailing about an update!

On 9/6/2019 at 3:05 PM, jshatz29 said:

I should have checked this earlier! I am in the city tonight, but I just got in from my flight. See you tomorrow!