2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

Hi Everyone! I was CASPA verified on 5/28 and heard back today 7/08 that I have been waitlisted for an interview. I am wondering if anyone has any insight on likelihoods/stats that I receive an interview. I saw someone replied that they declined their interview so that is good news for those waitlisted. I am optimistic that this is better than a flat out rejection but I am trying not to get my hopes up! I am also unsure how many are interviewed versus waitlisted. Glad to hear interview went well and some people have been offered already! Congrats!

Just now, PAgirl614 said:

Hi Everyone! I was CASPA verified on 5/28 and heard back today 7/08 that I have been waitlisted for an interview. I am wondering if anyone has any insight on likelihoods/stats that I receive an interview. I saw someone replied that they declined their interview so that is good news for those waitlisted. I am optimistic that this is better than a flat out rejection but I am trying not to get my hopes up! I am also unsure how many are interviewed versus waitlisted. Glad to hear interview went well and some people have been offered already! Congrats!

I'm in the same situation! 

• Like 1

Guest thePAway
2 hours ago, PAgirl614 said:

i got this email today too

Hey guys I’ll post my stats in a bit, felt a little weird about it because they weren’t amazing (especially not amazing). But hoping it might help you guys see a picture of what they could be looking for (Im not really sure either tbh). Blessed and feel really lucky to have gotten an acceptance but also I’m a 2nd time applicant so it was definite trial and error. If anyone had any questions (not that I know a lot lol). Feel free to message me.

B.S: Biology

Minor: Chem

Overall GPA:3.5

Science GPA: Depending on the classes it ranges from a 3.1-3.3ish

Healthcare Experience: 9000+ Hours

Certified Nursing Assistant

Leadership Experience 5000+

Resident Adviser

Student Ambassador

+ Some other oddly specific College leadership things

Teaching Experience 1500+

Tutor Biology, English and History to undeserved schools in the area

Recommendations (had a pretty strong relationship with almost all)

1 Nurse Practitioner

1 Director

1 RN C.C

1 Academic adviser

Shadowing: NP 80+ Working as a CNA, coordinating shadowing with transplant team, i worked around NP's and PA's but most specifically the NP.

Shadowing: PA (outpatient clinic): 15+ hours, would have loved a recommendation from her but she was going through some family issues

3 hours ago, Centala1 said:

I interviewed on June 21st and was put on the alternate acceptance list. Is anyone familiar with how that list works? How do they decide who is offered a seat first if and when one becomes available? Is there rankings?

Hey! I was on the alternate list last year. Last year they hosted about 6-7 interviews through January 2020, once they were done hosting interviews they ranked the alternate list (sometime in January) but they do not tell you where you are on the alternate list. If you call them they give you an approximate location (ie: top 10 or top 20). You will then receive a call or email if you are pulled off the alternate list which usually begins in February. Last year, they did tell me how many seats were still open in the class, and an approximate location so I was able to guess at whether or not I'd receive a call. I hope this helps 🙂

3 hours ago, Mhart5 said:

Hey! I was on the alternate list last year. Last year they hosted about 6-7 interviews through January 2020, once they were done hosting interviews they ranked the alternate list (sometime in January) but they do not tell you where you are on the alternate list. If you call them they give you an approximate location (ie: top 10 or top 20). You will then receive a call or email if you are pulled off the alternate list which usually begins in February. Last year, they did tell me how many seats were still open in the class, and an approximate location so I was able to guess at whether or not I'd receive a call. I hope this helps 🙂

That helps, thank you! I will definitely give them a call when it gets closer to January.

• Like 1

Just now, EashleighPAtobe said:

No...I was thinking of emailing them but I don't want to come across as impatient or needy Haha but i am slightly concerned my app got lost or something

Same! I saw on here someone emailed over 2 weeks ago and they said "1-2 weeks" which is what concerns me the most. Maybe no news is good news? I'll probably give it until the end of this week and follow up then. It is still pretty early in the cycle! Best of luck to you and I'll update here if I hear anything back 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, chrissy88 said:

Same! I saw on here someone emailed over 2 weeks ago and they said "1-2 weeks" which is what concerns me the most. Maybe no news is good news? I'll probably give it until the end of this week and follow up then. It is still pretty early in the cycle! Best of luck to you and I'll update here if I hear anything back 🙂

Ok good call! I will probably do the same and update here as well! We gotta help each other out when we can! Good luck to you too 🙂

• Like 1

I have been reading about how some people already go accepted.

I received an email for interview invitation for July 12, but I could not go since I am an active duty military service member and currently stationed in foreign country. I pushed my interview date to September 13, because I will be in state-side during that time.

When I asked them, they told me that pushing my interview dates will not affect my chance of getting into the school. However, now that I am reading about these post, it got me worried. Should I be worried? Anybody have any knowledge of pushing the interview dates back will lower my chance of getting in?

On 7/15/2019 at 10:02 PM, AndrewPowell said:

Was verified 5/30 and still have not heard anything as well! The waiting game is atrocious

Hi Everyone-

I was completely submitted on 5/25 and sent them an email on 6/20 inquiring about my status, to which admissions said to wait another 2-4 weeks. So as of tomorrow, it will officially be another 4 weeks that I have not heard anything. Any suggestions?

13 minutes ago, CMarie said:

Hi Everyone-

I was completely submitted on 5/25 and sent them an email on 6/20 inquiring about my status, to which admissions said to wait another 2-4 weeks. So as of tomorrow, it will officially be another 4 weeks that I have not heard anything. Any suggestions?

A lot of us are in the same situation! I was completely verified 5/14. I am going to wait until Friday and then reach out to them. I will update what I hear from them! Stay positive!

I can hopefully give a few of you relief that your application is taking so long. I was verified 6/20 - much after you guys, and I just got placed on the interview waitlist. Frankly, at least in my opinion, I don't feel that is much better than a rejection. It's different to be offered an interview and then be on the alternate list for admission. So, point being, if they spent that much time reviewing your application, I'm assuming you got some real potential for an interview. So, I wouldn't lose hope.

10 minutes ago, rgorm110 said:

I can hopefully give a few of you relief that your application is taking so long. I was verified 6/20 - much after you guys, and I just got placed on the interview waitlist. Frankly, at least in my opinion, I don't feel that is much better than a rejection. It's different to be offered an interview and then be on the alternate list for admission. So, point being, if they spent that much time reviewing your application, I'm assuming you got some real potential for an interview. So, I wouldn't lose hope.

Hi,

Sorry this was the response you got! The process of applying is brutal and it's so tough when we get answers like this! Thank you for the hope! Stay hopeful, I'm sure you'll make a great PA no matter what school you attend!

29 minutes ago, rgorm110 said:

Thank you for this info and im sorry you didnt get the response you were hoping for, but I read the forum from last year and people got pulled off the waitlist to interview, so dont lose hope!! Also just by your response to the rest of us alone, you seem like a very mature person who will be successful as a PA no matter what program you go to. Hang in there! (And also I could get an email from them shortly being flat out rejected haha so who knows what anything means)

Hey guys, 

Not sure if anyone has heard anything back yet, but I just got a confirmation email yesterday from Rush saying they received my verified application and that it is under review. It says to expect some response back within 3 weeks. I submitted caspa app on 7/9 and was verified on 7/11.

Guest jon1228
1 hour ago, nprice8 said:

Hey guys, 

Not sure if anyone has heard anything back yet, but I just got a confirmation email yesterday from Rush saying they received my verified application and that it is under review. It says to expect some response back within 3 weeks. I submitted caspa app on 7/9 and was verified on 7/11.

In the same boat! Verified 7/11 but received the e-mail yesterday 7/17.