Jump to content

2019-2020 Application Cycle

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jami483 said:

For all my fellow waitlisted applicants--they just sent me an email with what quartile I am on the waitlist! Best of luck to everyone 🙂

Was that waitlisted for acceptance or for an interview? I got an update on waitlist for acceptance that was just an update that we may be able to expect more info in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ccallen5 said:

Was that waitlisted for acceptance or for an interview? I got an update on waitlist for acceptance that was just an update that we may be able to expect more info in January.

I should have clarified, I'm sorry! I am currently on the waitlist for acceptance. I interviewed in November. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jami483 said:

I should have clarified, I'm sorry! I am currently on the waitlist for acceptance. I interviewed in November. 

Interesting. I am on the waitlist for acceptance as well and interviewed in September. Did you receive on or two emails from Rush today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email today with just an update about the alternate acceptance list, but didn’t get anything letting me know what quartile I’m in. Did you guys receive multiple emails?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, alex97 said:

I got an email today with just an update about the alternate acceptance list, but didn’t get anything letting me know what quartile I’m in. Did you guys receive multiple emails?

same happened to me; I just got the first one, but not the one with what quartile I'm in. When did you interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
same happened to me; I just got the first one, but not the one with what quartile I'm in. When did you interview?

The first one in June


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I should have clarified, I'm sorry! I am currently on the waitlist for acceptance. I interviewed in November. 


Did you guys get an email saying that you’ll should receive an email via CASPA with an update by the end of the day?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 4:21 PM, jami483 said:

For all my fellow waitlisted applicants--they just sent me an email with what quartile I am on the waitlist! Best of luck to everyone 🙂

Did they send you two emails? I got an email with the update about the waitlist, but it did not say what quartile i was in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 2:03 PM, PreCAliPA1 said:

What did the email Update about the waitlist say?

I only got the one email. It reiterated what the alternate acceptance list is, then added this little tidbit after:

We have compiled the alternate acceptance list and wanted to give you an update. At this time we can provide an estimated quartile position for you. This is just an estimate since we have one interview session scheduled for January.

You are currently in the ******** of the waitlist.

I believe you can email them and ask what quartile you're in as well if they didn't send it to you. It would be more accurate if you asked after the last interview date though most likely 🙂 

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it by the way!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, Malik144 said:

Hey guys I’ll post my stats in a bit, felt a little weird about it because they weren’t amazing (especially not amazing). But hoping it might help you guys see a picture of what they could be looking for (Im not really sure either tbh). Blessed and feel really lucky to have gotten an acceptance but also I’m a 2nd time applicant so it was definite trial and error. If anyone had any questions (not that I know a lot lol). Feel free to message me.

Hi, my stats also leave something to be desired in terms of GPA, and I am also a second time applicant! I was wondering how you prepared for the MMI interview as this is my first interview of that type. I am so excited to interview later this month!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mel123 said:

Hi, my stats also leave something to be desired in terms of GPA, and I am also a second time applicant! I was wondering how you prepared for the MMI interview as this is my first interview of that type. I am so excited to interview later this month!

It sucks to say but there is really no preparing for it. I looked up about 100 questions, just to kind of see what the questions might be. None of them showed up, the best way to handle the situation is be honest with what you do and how you feel. They honestly can pick out rehearsed answers, as long as you dont come off as you dont care and dont say anything too crazy you'll be fine! They also want to see how you interact, its obviously a very stressful day but one of my best interviews came from me not taking myself so seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 3:03 AM, Malik144 said:

It sucks to say but there is really no preparing for it. I looked up about 100 questions, just to kind of see what the questions might be. None of them showed up, the best way to handle the situation is be honest with what you do and how you feel. They honestly can pick out rehearsed answers, as long as you dont come off as you dont care and dont say anything too crazy you'll be fine! They also want to see how you interact, its obviously a very stressful day but one of my best interviews came from me not taking myself so seriously.

Thank you so much for your insight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, everyone! 

I emailed Rush asking about my position on the acceptance waitlist since I saw that some others got their quartiles. They told me they aren't able to provide me my quartile information. They said it's because most positions will change after the last January interview. They stated they only gave candidate's who had a low likelihood of changing quartile their positions. Did anyone else get a similar email from them? I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi, everyone! 
I emailed Rush asking about my position on the acceptance waitlist since I saw that some others got their quartiles. They told me they aren't able to provide me my quartile information. They said it's because most positions will change after the last January interview. They stated they only gave candidate's who had a low likelihood of changing quartile their positions. Did anyone else get a similar email from them? I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. 


I’m also on the waitlist and they didn’t send me a quartile in the recent email. I’m wondering if not receiving one is good or bad, given what you just said. Hard to tell, but hopefully they’ll send another email after the Jan interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my acceptance email! For those of you wondering, I interviewed on Jan 17, 2020. Best of luck to all you waitlisters! I know that struggle, but don't lose hope! 

Edited by briannalindberg4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, briannalindberg4 said:

Just got my acceptance email! For those of you wondering, I interviewed on Jan 17, 2020. Best of luck to all you waitlisters! I know that struggle, but don't lose hope! 

Congratulations! Hopefully this means some of us will be accepted off the waitlist later this week! How many people were at your interview on 1/17? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mm1989 said:

Congratulations! Hopefully this means some of us will be accepted off the waitlist later this week! How many people were at your interview on 1/17? 

At the interview, they said that there were "a few spots left" that they were looking to fill. There were about 20 ish people at my interview, maybe a little more. They didn't specify if they were for sure going to fill the remaining seats with people from the Jan interview or not. We have two weeks to confirm our acceptance, so I think waitlisters will hear in 2 weeks as people accept or decline their admission offer. I don't know for sure, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
At the interview, they said that there were "a few spots left" that they were looking to fill. There were about 20 ish people at my interview, maybe a little more. They didn't specify if they were for sure going to fill the remaining seats with people from the Jan interview or not. We have two weeks to confirm our acceptance, so I think waitlisters will hear in 2 weeks as people accept or decline their admission offer. I don't know for sure, though!



Congratulations!!! Best of luck to you in PA schools . The rest of us, let’s hope to hear some news soon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my acceptance this afternoon off the waitlist! So excited! Hopefully others will get pulled off soon as well! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mm1989 said:

Just got my acceptance this afternoon off the waitlist! So excited! Hopefully others will get pulled off soon as well! 

Just curious - were you in the top 25% on the waitlist on the email that was sent to the alternate list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mm1989 said:

Just got my acceptance this afternoon off the waitlist! So excited! Hopefully others will get pulled off soon as well! 

That's so awesome to hear! Congratulations!!! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Futurepa718 said:

Just curious - were you in the top 25% on the waitlist on the email that was sent to the alternate list?

Yes I was

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mm1989 said:

Just got my acceptance this afternoon off the waitlist! So excited! Hopefully others will get pulled off soon as well! 

Congratulations! That is so exciting! It is a great program. I agree with the others--hopefully we will all hear soon. I hope soon :)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More