2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

15 minutes ago, aap423 said:

Just got an email that responses and acceptance calls are delayed until Jan 5th due to the holidays, but that my app was still active. Glad to get a little update 

Got the same email! Unfortunately it means more waiting, but at least we can all get through the end of the year without having to worry unnecessarily haha.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, umichPA1996 said:

I am guessing they sent the rejection email today to everyone who did not receive an interview. I don't think they have rejected any interview candidates yet and sent everyone who interviewed the update this afternoon. Can anyone confirm?

I can't confirm whether they've rejected any interview candidates, but in my rejection letter yesterday, they stated, "We regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you an interview or further consider you for admission into our Program for the incoming Class of 2022."

So I don't believe they've started rejecting interview candidates yet... My best wishes to all of you still patiently waiting ☺️

Guest jon1228
15 hours ago, aap423 said:

Had you both interviewed?

No I had not interviewed. This was the first communication I received since they confirmed my application was complete in Aug

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 4:57 PM, aap423 said:

I’m assuming they are just waiting to see how many people reject or accept acceptances so they can decide how many seats are available to offer people admission (no evidence on this, strictly my assumption). Considering the email we got said “early 2020” it’s hard to tell when we will hear back. Past forums, people weren’t notified they were on the waitlist till early February 😕

From what I can see looks like 1/15 was the date last year, 1/16 the year before and mid December year before that. So, this is the latest. I wonder what is holding up the final decisions?

Guest thePAway

I know it is frustrating to wait but the current accepted students have an online platform to connect on and from the number of people signed up on it (assuming everyone who has officially accepted their offer signed up for it) the class is not entirely full yet and at the interview they mentioned that everyone who interviewed would still be in consideration until the class was completely full. I don't think it would be unreasonable to follow up and ask when you could expect to hear by but I am positive if the class was completely full they would have notified people!

9 minutes ago, Chris14 said:

While the rest of us are waiting for an update... those of you have been accepted, are you set on Northwestern or are you still weighing other acceptances? (yes Ive peeked and see some very impressive acceptances! 😉 ). Anyone know if NU has used its waitlist in the past?  

I turned down my offer for Northwestern and decided to attend another program so some people will still hear back for a spot! I'm sure there will also be a few others who turn down their seat too. 

• Like 3