2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

2 hours ago, jliwp said:

Flying in today for 10/7 interview! If anyone wants to explore the city together or grab lunch/dinner tomorrow feel free to message me 🙂

If you have time you should go to London House, it has great views of the city/river both directions. Cindy's rooftop is also a great place (views of the bean). If you have extra time I'd suggest the Museum of Science and Industry (one of my favorite places to go). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, chicago9 said:

If you have time you should go to London House, it has great views of the city/river both directions. Cindy's rooftop is also a great place (views of the bean). If you have extra time I'd suggest the Museum of Science and Industry (one of my favorite places to go). 

Thank you for those great recommendations! I'll definitely check them out

On 10/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, AndrewPowell said:

Anyone have any tips on the interview? I received the email about the layout of the day, but I'm still super nervous as my interview is a week from Monday. 

- Do your research on the program, especially problem based learning, and be able to tie in how your assets/experiences will fit in well with what they are going for 
-Have 3-4 "experience" stories prepared that you can use to depict examples of common buzzwords (e.g., teamwork, overcoming adversity, resilience, etc.)
- Prepare explanations for any weaknesses in your application
- Know answers to the common questions: why PA, why not NP, etc. 
- Record yourself a couple times while practicing- make sure to iron out any awkward fidgets and "ums"....A lot of the time there isn't a right answer, and how you say something is more important than what you say
- Regardless of your nervousness, be sure to radiate confidence and kindness. They already like you if you got an interview, don't forget that! They are just making sure you'd be a good fit for their program. Because of their unique curriculum and small class size, they really value making a cohesive group of students. Nothing to catch you off guard!

Good luck! It's a very warm and laid back interview experience. 🙂 

• Like 6

They informed us at the interview that they have only filled half the class with interviews since July so everyone still has a shot at this point. They also review all the applicants in their pool with a committee every time they offer interviews/acceptances so applicants who didn't stick out one round, might stick out the next. Best of luck to everyone! I'm anxiously waiting too!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, shelbiemustang said:

They informed us at the interview that they have only filled half the class with interviews since July so everyone still has a shot at this point. They also review all the applicants in their pool with a committee every time they offer interviews/acceptances so applicants who didn't stick out one round, might stick out the next. Best of luck to everyone! I'm anxiously waiting too!

Thank you for this information! When was your interview date?