Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, orgal1995 said:

I just received an interview invite which I could not be more excited about! I saw @j138l642 comment about the interview but does anyone else have any other tips/thoughts about the interview? 

Congrats! When did you send in your application? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tsam1 said:

Congrats! When did you send in your application? 

Confirmation that my application is under review was sent 7/9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, orgal1995 said:

I just received an interview invite which I could not be more excited about! I saw @j138l642 comment about the interview but does anyone else have any other tips/thoughts about the interview? 

Congrats to you!! Mind sharing your stats? This is one of my top schools so I am patiently waiting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an interview for 9/23! Very excited. Any insight into the academic and personal interviewing would be greatly appreciated!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 9:22 AM, thedeeperestv said:

Nothing yet! Interviewed on 7/29 and haven’t heard back.

how many applicants for an interview session??

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thePAway said:

Just got accepted!!! 

Congrats!! Im still waiting on any updates on if they're still sending out emails for more interviews 😭 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ohitsdwhang said:

Congrats!! Im still waiting on any updates on if they're still sending out emails for more interviews 😭 

I received an interview invitation for October 7th two days ago so hang in there! My application was received by the program on July 26th. Does anyone who already interviewed have any insight into what is meant by an "academic interview"? Would it be something like a medical terminology test or a panel asking you questions? I'm so excited but so nervous!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, a1023 said:

I received an interview invitation for October 7th two days ago so hang in there! My application was received by the program on July 26th. Does anyone who already interviewed have any insight into what is meant by an "academic interview"? Would it be something like a medical terminology test or a panel asking you questions? I'm so excited but so nervous!

They literally just give you an opportunity to explain grades and/or test scores. I wouldn't worry about it too much. They are all 1:1 interviews, and they explain the whole day to you when you get there. Good luck.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, it is a surprisingly relaxed day. There are no surprises and everyone is genuinely happy that you are there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone wondering, there isn't anything mysterious about NU's interview. Prepare like you would for any other interview and you will be fine. There isn't really anything to prepare for specifically. As was mentioned before, there isn't any way to prepare for the writing portion.

As far as shadowing hours, no I wasn't asked about it, but I would recommend being able to articulate what you know about PAs and why you want to be one (and shadowing obviously helps with that). A good portion of my PCE was spent working directly with PAs so that could be a factor too.

Overall, I would say don't be too nervous and just be yourself.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hmmmm3 said:

For everyone wondering, there isn't anything mysterious about NU's interview. Prepare like you would for any other interview and you will be fine. There isn't really anything to prepare for specifically. As was mentioned before, there isn't any way to prepare for the writing portion.

As far as shadowing hours, no I wasn't asked about it, but I would recommend being able to articulate what you know about PAs and why you want to be one (and shadowing obviously helps with that). A good portion of my PCE was spent working directly with PAs so that could be a factor too.

Overall, I would say don't be too nervous and just be yourself.

 

Thanks! This is really helpful! Best of luck 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 3:44 PM, ChiTownPrePA said:

Anyone else interviewing on 10/14? 

Would love to connect beforehand to ease nerves 🙂

Yes sorry, my interview date is 10/14. Flying in from Baltimore Sunday evening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 10:22 AM, slimeszn said:

Does anyone know if Northwestern accepts scribe hours? Thanks!

I do not know if they accept scribe hours specifically, but one of my PCE currently is serving as a medical scribe for about 500 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here who have gotten interviews or acceptances, still have pending prerequisites to complete? Just wondering if they wait till you finish the courses or do they make decisions even while they are pending... hmmm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More