2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ohitsdwhang said:

Congrats!! Im still waiting on any updates on if they're still sending out emails for more interviews 😭 

I received an interview invitation for October 7th two days ago so hang in there! My application was received by the program on July 26th. Does anyone who already interviewed have any insight into what is meant by an "academic interview"? Would it be something like a medical terminology test or a panel asking you questions? I'm so excited but so nervous!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a1023 said:

I received an interview invitation for October 7th two days ago so hang in there! My application was received by the program on July 26th. Does anyone who already interviewed have any insight into what is meant by an "academic interview"? Would it be something like a medical terminology test or a panel asking you questions? I'm so excited but so nervous!

They literally just give you an opportunity to explain grades and/or test scores. I wouldn't worry about it too much. They are all 1:1 interviews, and they explain the whole day to you when you get there. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

For everyone wondering, there isn't anything mysterious about NU's interview. Prepare like you would for any other interview and you will be fine. There isn't really anything to prepare for specifically. As was mentioned before, there isn't any way to prepare for the writing portion.

As far as shadowing hours, no I wasn't asked about it, but I would recommend being able to articulate what you know about PAs and why you want to be one (and shadowing obviously helps with that). A good portion of my PCE was spent working directly with PAs so that could be a factor too.

Overall, I would say don't be too nervous and just be yourself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hmmmm3 said:

For everyone wondering, there isn't anything mysterious about NU's interview. Prepare like you would for any other interview and you will be fine. There isn't really anything to prepare for specifically. As was mentioned before, there isn't any way to prepare for the writing portion.

As far as shadowing hours, no I wasn't asked about it, but I would recommend being able to articulate what you know about PAs and why you want to be one (and shadowing obviously helps with that). A good portion of my PCE was spent working directly with PAs so that could be a factor too.

Overall, I would say don't be too nervous and just be yourself.

Thanks! This is really helpful! Best of luck 😉

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hawaiianrolls said:

Anyone here who have gotten interviews or acceptances, still have pending prerequisites to complete? Just wondering if they wait till you finish the courses or do they make decisions even while they are pending... hmmm. 

I was offered an interview with outstanding prerequisites and offered an acceptance with no bachelor's degree. I'm sure it just depends on how well rounded the rest of your application is. It is certainly possible.