2019-2020 Applicants!

7 minutes ago, nycpa23 said:

Is anyone else having issues with the Pace portal and email? I get a notification that a mailbox hasn't been set up for me yet when I try to log into email.pace.edu

Yeah, I activated my account, but I can't seem to access any kind of mailbox. I just keep getting an error message. I tried emailing them, no response so far.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:59 AM, pg114 said:

I just rescinded my acceptance to Pace due to being accepted at a school in my hometown. Hope my spot goes to someone just as deserving!

I just received an acceptance email today. Wishing you the best of luck! I'm excited to meet my future classmates. Anyone else here accepted from the January interview?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, krupapatel1603 said:

Hello, Im looking to apply for the 2020-2021 cycle and was wondering when is the best time to apply and when the application generally open. If anyone got an interview, about how long did it take for them to reach out to you? Thank you.

Hi, I submitted my application end of June 2019. Received a confirmation from Pace around early July. Then I received an Interview invitation around early September. Pace gave us some interview dates to choose from.

I don’t know if the timeline will be the same this year, but I assume it will be similar. I will say try to submit your application before July. Application usually opens end of April, so submit early if you can! Good luck 🙂

• Like 1

Hello Krupapatel1603

CASPA open by the end of April 25th or 26th of each year. I highly recommend you apply as early as possible; shoot for May. Last cycle, I applied by May 8th and by June I started to get interview offer via email. For PACE specifically, it doesn't matter when you submit your application as long it is before their deadline Sept. 1st.  It is because PACE look application after the deadlines, however, other schools look at them as soon your CASPA get verified (rolling admission programs) and offer interview invites immediately. 

I applied to 11 programs and was offered interview to 9 of them. Attended to 2, and got into both (Drexel and PACE my top choice). Each school interview process is different. Some  school are rolling admission and others reach out to student before or after their deadline. Please check each school's website you planning applying,  because some stated when interview offer will be sent via email. From June - January I received interview. 

Please remember this: Don't get discouraged if you see others getting interviews, while you don't. As long, you don't received a rejection letter, there is still change to heard back, get interview and get into PA school. 

Best of Lucks

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dan57 said:

Hi, I submitted my application end of June 2019. Received a confirmation from Pace around early July. Then I received an Interview invitation around early September. Pace gave us some interview dates to choose from.

I don’t know if the timeline will be the same this year, but I assume it will be similar. I will say try to submit your application before July. Application usually opens end of April, so submit early if you can! Good luck 🙂

If you don't mind me asking what were the number of DPC and shadowing hours you had? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, audbunnytin said:

Hi thank you for the link. I am waiting for them to accept my request. Do you by any chance know whether or not if the starting date is pushed back due to covid-19? I greatly appreciate it

Sorry I don’t know. I guess if Pace has any news they would let us know. 

On 4/2/2020 at 12:10 PM, audbunnytin said:

Is there a Facebook group for accepted students? Does anyone know whether or not they will push back the starting date? I feel like I am so out of the loop. Please help. Thank you 

Also feeling out of the loop! My request to join is pending. 

6 hours ago, audbunnytin said:

Hi thank you for the link. I am waiting for them to accept my request. Do you by any chance know whether or not if the starting date is pushed back due to covid-19? I greatly appreciate it

Most likely, the program is deciding what will be the best once it gets closer to the date. On the Pace general website it says that the summer I semester will have online classes, but that summer II (which includes the PA program) plans to continue in person classes, but to stay tuned for updates.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Coronavirus-Update--Spring-Semester--Commencement--and-More.html?soid=1103481471610&aid=UBum98S-Y2c

Ideally around this time I would ask if anyone is looking for roommates, but given the situation, I'm not sure how and when to make living arrangements. What are other out of state students doing currently in terms of looking for apartments, etc.? Stay safe everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Just a quick question as I am currently applying this current cycle that just opened up and wanted to see if anyone had a similar issue. 

I am currently applying as a re-applicant. Pace requires that all courses (which includes genetics) be completed before submitting to the program. I am planning on taking genetics over the summer and completing it by the end of July. However, I do wish to submit to all my other programs earlier as they allow for pending courses and some schools do not require genetics at all. Is there any way I can request an updated transcript after my genetics course is over to be able to apply to Pace? I've tried emailing admissions without any response 😞

Edited by FuturePA6813

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I just got accepted off of the waitlist, but already accepted a spot somewhere else. However the program I committed to pushed back their start date until January. They are offering a full refund if I decide to withdraw before June 1st. I am so torn and need some help! Does anyone know what Paces plan is for the program during the pandemic? Thanks in advance!