Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 9/3/2019 at 2:28 PM, Chachy said:

Just received my acceptance call. Best of luck to everyone!

I saw you were accepted to methodist, too. Are either of those  your top picks? Do you have any comments about what makes you lean to one program over another between those two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received my interview invite for 10/15.  This is my alma mater, so I am overjoyed! Any tips for MMI?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interviewed 8/27 and have yet to hear back. Actually feeling pretty discouraged considering I thought it went well. Best of luck to everyone! The waiting is the worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 1:29 PM, Maxdevine00 said:

Got an acceptance call yesterday from the 9/24 interview!!!! Has anyone else got in?? Good luck everybody!

Congrats! Around what time did they call you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 2:28 PM, Chachy said:

Just received my acceptance call. Best of luck to everyone!

Hey! If anyone else has been accepted it would be awesome if we could start a Group Me/ Facebook page so that we can get to know everyone better and stay in touch. Has anyone else heard back from ECU? I paid my seat deposit so it's official now! Keep me posted so we can organize something! Good luck everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Just got my acceptance call!! Good luck to everyone else waiting..... don’t give up, be confident in your “why” and what got you to this point, and give it all to God! 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 9:46 AM, futurepa100 said:

Has anyone heard back from the July 16th interview? It’s been months so I’m starting to lose hope. 

Nope! I also interviewed July 16th and have heard nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 9:44 PM, dottie7 said:

 Just got my acceptance call!! Good luck to everyone else waiting..... don’t give up, be confident in your “why” and what got you to this point, and give it all to God! 

Congrats @dottie7  May I ask how many programs/ which programs you applied to? And stats? Thanks! You’re going to be great. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FuturePA97 said:

Congrats @dottie7  May I ask how many programs/ which programs you applied to? And stats? Thanks! You’re going to be great. 

 

Thank you! I applied to ECU, High Point, Wingate, Gardner Webb, JMU, Jefferson, and South University in Savannah.  I got waitlisted at Wingate and JMU, and have accepted my spot at ECU.

oGPA: 3.6

sGPA: 3.6

GRE: 309

Volunteer: 1500+

PCE: 1000 as a ER Tech and PT aide.  only 200-750 at time of application depending on school

Shadowing: 140 trauma surgery PA, 20 family med MD

 

I was pretty limited on where I could apply to due to my lower PCE hours, and am shocked I got interviews, let alone acceptances! I literally applied to ECU 2 days before the deadline with 2 hours over their minimum..... but I'm born and raised in Eastern NC, and have a passion to serve the area so I think that helped.  Good luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my acceptance call the other night! Don’t give up, I got in after my second try! I didn’t get my rejection email until February 2019 after interviewing in September 2018, it was pretty devastating but I came back again this year and it worked out! I interviewed 8/27 this year

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2019 at 3:48 PM, Maxdevine00 said:

Hey! If anyone else has been accepted it would be awesome if we could start a Group Me/ Facebook page so that we can get to know everyone better and stay in touch. Has anyone else heard back from ECU? I paid my seat deposit so it's official now! Keep me posted so we can organize something! Good luck everyone!

Hey! I would also like like to organize something! I interviewed in the July 16 and paid my deposit in August. Let me know!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pa4326 said:

Hey! I would also like like to organize something! I interviewed in the July 16 and paid my deposit in August. Let me know!

I would too!! I think a groupme would be amazing until they get an official Facebook group set up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds great! I think a GroupMe would be the most practical thing to do right now in order to communicate with people. I think you need to have cell phone numbers before making one so I can personal message y'all and ask for your # to get it started! I'll send a message now... and if anyone else wants to be added they can just post in the forum and we can get cell #s individually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 2:44 PM, RDPA2459 said:

I would too!! I think a groupme would be amazing until they get an official Facebook group set up!

I was accepted back in August and interviewed July 16th. I would be interested in a groupme or facebook page as well. 

Edited by FiebPA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Maxdevine00 said:

That sounds great! I think a GroupMe would be the most practical thing to do right now in order to communicate with people. I think you need to have cell phone numbers before making one so I can personal message y'all and ask for your # to get it started! I'll send a message now... and if anyone else wants to be added they can just post in the forum and we can get cell #s individually. 

@Maxdevine00 can you add me to the groupme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maxdevine00 said:

That sounds great! I think a GroupMe would be the most practical thing to do right now in order to communicate with people. I think you need to have cell phone numbers before making one so I can personal message y'all and ask for your # to get it started! I'll send a message now... and if anyone else wants to be added they can just post in the forum and we can get cell #s individually. 

@Maxdevine00 Hi, I'd like to be added to the GroupMe as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! We have a Group me going with 6 people right now! If anyone else wishes to be added just message me your phone # and i'll put you in! Good luck everyone that is still waiting to hear back / has yet to interview! I'm excited to get to know y'all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 9:34 AM, jennl89 said:

Does anyone know if interview invites are still being sent out?

I believe so, however I don't know how many rounds of interviews ECU typically does. I know someone who interviewed on November 5th, and I have my interview coming up on November 26th. I received my email on November 1st. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More