Recommended Materials for EORs and PANCE

Purchase smarty pance and start grinding out questions. They draw from old packrat banks and you’ll start noticing word-for-word questions on EORs. I’m convinced the same group of people writes all of these questions - you’ll start to pick up on their “habits” and patterns. Use pance prep pearls as a reference to fill in any gaps but you’ll get to a point where all you need is a couple days of practice questions to do well.

ROSH is great for PANCE review but I personally don’t think it’s absolutely necessary until you’re a few months out from PANCE.

Edited by Hopeful2015

• 2 months later...

My recommendation is to find a select 1-3 books and stick to those for studying. When you have so many books to study from, it becomes stressful and you lose focus and feel like you "have to know everything." A lot of the books present the same information in different ways. Find a book that you like and makes sense to you and stick to it.

My favorites from PA school was:

A Comprehensive Review for the Certification and Recertification Examinations for Physician Assistants
Step up to Medicine
First Aid USMLE Step 2 CK (Clinical Knowledge)

The first book is my favorite, it's concise and not a big bulky book. What I did during rotations was read from various books and then consolidated my information into one book so that as my exams got closer, I only had to really study one book.