I have completed my bachelor's degree in Biology, but since I was pre-med back then, I didn't complete the anatomy and physiology course and now have to complete it at a community college. I also have a full time job and was hoping to take anatomy and physiology in a hybrid setting (online lecture with in person lab). Is this a good idea? I've been looking at schools websites and some don't care, some said "considered on an individual basis," and some won't accept it. Am I limiting my chances too much? I want to apply mostly west coast and surrounding states.  I also have to take statistics and I hope to apply for Fall 2020.

Thanks!

I think I would make a list of the schools you plan to apply to and see how many will/won’t except this. I’m personally not a fan of things that are “considered on an individual basis,” because it leaves you not knowing exactly what they will/won’t do with the class. I think after making the list, you should have a clear picture what is best for you based on how many schools you can apply to.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, mooredc said:

I found that it was a non issue. I took multiple classes where the lab portion was in person and lecture was online and nobody ever questioned it. 

I specifically had two quarters of A&P hybrid.  It worked fine.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TallPAJay
      Hi guys! I didn’t see a three for this school so I decided to start one. Has anyone apply to Arcadia’s Hybrid PA Program? 
    • By Tarantino
      Hi, everyone. I'm a non-traditional student, wrapping up my associate's degree in psychology from a small state school (not a community college) in Georgia. This college only offers 3 bachelor degrees, which is why I would finish elsewhere. I was a student at Arizona State Online, but transferred to take my prerequisites and labs in person. All my science prerequisites with in-person labs for PA programs will be done prior to transferring to the next college for my bachelor's degree. Now that I'm almost done, I was originally planning to then finish my degree through ASU, but am now considering finishing it at my local university for various reasons. Here's the two options I have:

Option A: Finish my bachelor's degree in psychology at my local university.
      PROS: Graduate with less than $10k in debt. Get hands-on experience in research. More than likely get a stronger letter of recommendation.
      CONS: It would take longer to finish. I would barely get by, working part-time and living paycheck to paycheck. I would have to devote more time to in-person classes, which would take away from my income and time to do other things. Less volunteer hours. ALL clinical hours will be in private EMS, so my hands-on experience and skills won't be utilized as much, as it's 95% mostly transporting stable patients.
      Option B: Finish my bachelor's degree in psychology at Arizona State University (online).
      PROS: Accelerated program and can finish in 1.5 years instead of 2.5 years. Work in 911 EMS, which means better hands-on experience and utilizing my skills more - I think this will also make me a better provider in the future. More time to work, which means more income. More time not in a physical class, which means more time to volunteer, which is less stressful since I also have more money in general. Still get to go graduate in person.
      CONS: Graduate with around $30k in debt. Weaker letters of recommendation. Little research opportunity. Obvious I finished my degree online because the college is 20+ hours away.

Although it would cost more to finish at ASU, I could become a PA faster, which means it would actually be better financially IF I were to get into both at the same cycle.
    • By PAstudent817923
      Hi, 

I am seeking help from my fellow PA students/previous PA students on what do to about not doing well in Anatomy. I just failed my second exam (and also failed the first one) after thinking it was going to go better the second time around. I definitely have changed my study habits since the beginning and I have felt that they have been working better, but clearly not. I have been meeting with my professor and advisor and I am still just having trouble pinpointing what I am doing that just isn’t working. I have done a lot of my own research and tried implementing other study techniques but nothing seems to be working. If you guys could please just tell me what you did to be successful, I would appreciate it so much. 
    • By Erose
      Hello all!
      I am sure there are already several similar topics already on here, but I am struggling to find them. I am wondering if anyone has compiled a list of schools that do or do not accept online anatomy and physiology courses if taken during quarantine. I have checked the websites of several schools that make no statements on how their prereq requirements have been altered in response to the pandemic. If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful.
      Thank you!!
    • By jewelmidori
      Wondering if anyone knows of schools with minimal or no credit expirations. Many schools require prereqs are taken within 5, 7, 10 years and I've retaken three courses thus far to meet most schools' requirements. Soon, more will fall outside of these ranges and it's exasperating to think I will have to pay out-of-pocket for more classes. I'll probably wind up retaking them, but I figure it doesn't hurt to put feelers out there if it means having more money dedicated to applications. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More