Are online/hybrid classes a good idea?

I have completed my bachelor's degree in Biology, but since I was pre-med back then, I didn't complete the anatomy and physiology course and now have to complete it at a community college. I also have a full time job and was hoping to take anatomy and physiology in a hybrid setting (online lecture with in person lab). Is this a good idea? I've been looking at schools websites and some don't care, some said "considered on an individual basis," and some won't accept it. Am I limiting my chances too much? I want to apply mostly west coast and surrounding states.  I also have to take statistics and I hope to apply for Fall 2020.

Thanks!

I think I would make a list of the schools you plan to apply to and see how many will/won’t except this. I’m personally not a fan of things that are “considered on an individual basis,” because it leaves you not knowing exactly what they will/won’t do with the class. I think after making the list, you should have a clear picture what is best for you based on how many schools you can apply to.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, mooredc said:

I found that it was a non issue. I took multiple classes where the lab portion was in person and lecture was online and nobody ever questioned it. 

I specifically had two quarters of A&P hybrid.  It worked fine.

Archived