samweres

2019-2020 Application Cycle (Philly campus)

6 hours ago, SarahRNav said:

My application was completed on the portal on August 28th. So I am still waiting to hear back! I don't think we get an email for the completed app. We just have to check on the portal.

Yes that’s what I meant that my application was marked complete at that point. It’s a waiting game now. 

On 9/17/2019 at 1:22 PM, Rm770 said:

Anyone has any idea when Philly campus will be sending interview invitations? 

Still waiting, so nervous! 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, Kathycalardo said:

Still waiting, so nervous! 

Right there with you, still patiently waiting!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bgrif said:

Right there with you, still patiently waiting!

Me, too!  Patiently (or not so patiently, ha!) waiting.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/2/2019 at 9:59 AM, SonoToPA said:

Me, too!  Patiently (or not so patiently, ha!) waiting.  

I called around August. Seems like they wait to do interviews till late in the year.He said they send out final acceptances in February. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/24/2019 at 3:49 PM, taraliskaaa said:

@SecondTime

BS in Athletic Training; I have done 1 year of AT work and I am now working as a physician extender for spine surgeons.

GPA: 3.72

Science GPA: 3.69

Patient Care: 2,000+ (as an AT, physician extender, working with an NP, mission trip to Costa Rica)

Evaluations: 5 ( 2 academic, 1 preceptor, 1 PA, 1 NP)

PA Shadowing: 500 (Shadowed in plastic surgery, general surgery)

In my undergrad I held a lot of leadership roles on campus and was very involved. I was also an athlete and I've heard that many universities like that because it shows a lot of qualities such as time management. So if you were an athlete make sure you put some emphasis on that! 

I agree, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and you have to see what is going to set you apart from everyone else. I also think that getting your application in early can really benefit you as a lot of schools are rolling admissions! If you have any other questions let me know! Good luck!

Great to hear there is another LAT in the Group! Keep up the hard work! 

• Like 1

Hey, did anyone in the Oct 1st group get their letter in the mail?

Most of my friends who went to PCOM said they received theirs within 2 weeks, so I'm getting kind of antsy. 😅

Is it too late to submit the supplemental fee? I decided last minute to apply here. Everything else was submitted back in May but it’s only the fee that’s left

Edited by Sheilasm

Hey everyone!

Regretfully, I received a letter declining my application today after interviewing Oct 1st. That means for those of you interviewing, you only have to fight 199 other applicants now. 😂

It's a shame, but I wish you all the best of luck and know you'll all go on to make excellent PAs, whether you get in this cycle or another. 

Oh, also, as a heads up...

My letter was sent to my old address in spite of the fact that PCOM asked for an updated address during the interview.

For those in my situation it might be worth contacting USPS to have your mail forwarded to your new address.

@AndrewsOkay  That stinks!  If you feel up to sharing, how do you feel your interview went and in which areas do you think you could improve on?

Best of luck on any other interviews!  

I'm still waiting on interviews, but am feeling like I may have to reapply next cycle.  This was my first application cycle and I did not submit until August 30th and still have 2 pre reqs in progress.

51 minutes ago, SonoToPA said:

@AndrewsOkay  That stinks!  If you feel up to sharing, how do you feel your interview went and in which areas do you think you could improve on?

Best of luck on any other interviews!  

I'm still waiting on interviews, but am feeling like I may have to reapply next cycle.  This was my first application cycle and I did not submit until August 30th and still have 2 pre reqs in progress.

Sure! I think I gave a solid interview, and overall wouldn't change much. (My guess is a low GPA sank me, and I wasn't able to give a good enough interview to offset it)

I think I should have done a better job of highlighting why I chose Physician Assistant out of all medical provider roles. I think they're looking for people dedicated to the PA role and approach and not just patient care. 

Additionally, and bizarrely, they specifically said prior to the interview not to bring up personal experiences. This threw me for a loop because a lot of my love for the profession stems from experiences caring for family.

I would say make sure you have a well thought out answer to "Why PA school?" and come prepared to talk about professional / volunteer experiences as opposed to personal ones.

I hope this helps! Best of luck! Listening to everyone in this thread, I'm sure you'll all go on to be excellent providers whether it's with PCOM or elsewhere.  

Hey all!

I want to say I have been accepted to PCOM's program! I interviewed on October 8th if any one was wondering when they send out acceptances. 

Good luck to all of you and your PA application journey!

P.S I placed my deposit down to reserve my seat but if I get off the waitlist at Jefferson Center city I will need to make a decision fast so this may open a seat up for someone!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 5:08 PM, AndrewsOkay said:

Sure! I think I gave a solid interview, and overall wouldn't change much. (My guess is a low GPA sank me, and I wasn't able to give a good enough interview to offset it)

I think I should have done a better job of highlighting why I chose Physician Assistant out of all medical provider roles. I think they're looking for people dedicated to the PA role and approach and not just patient care. 

Additionally, and bizarrely, they specifically said prior to the interview not to bring up personal experiences. This threw me for a loop because a lot of my love for the profession stems from experiences caring for family.

I would say make sure you have a well thought out answer to "Why PA school?" and come prepared to talk about professional / volunteer experiences as opposed to personal ones.

I hope this helps! Best of luck! Listening to everyone in this thread, I'm sure you'll all go on to be excellent providers whether it's with PCOM or elsewhere.  

Sorry to hear you are not accepted. When you say low GPA how bad it was. Could  you share the exact GPA Please if that's okay ?

Hi All! 

Interviewed on 10/1 and am currently wait listed. Received my letter about two weeks after I interviewed. Fingers crossed! Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have been accepted!

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, taraliskaaa said:

Hi All! 

Interviewed on 10/1 and am currently wait listed. Received my letter about two weeks after I interviewed. Fingers crossed! Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have been accepted!

If you don't mind, please share your interview experience at PCOM. Thanks! Also, being waitlisted is a good thing, so best of luck!

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:36 PM, Bio97 said:

Hey all!

I want to say I have been accepted to PCOM's program! I interviewed on October 8th if any one was wondering when they send out acceptances. 

Good luck to all of you and your PA application journey!

P.S I placed my deposit down to reserve my seat but if I get off the waitlist at Jefferson Center city I will need to make a decision fast so this may open a seat up for someone!

Hi! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your interview experience? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, mnn804 said:

Hi! Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your interview experience? Thanks!

Thank you! And sure! 
It was very relaxing, the interviewers I had really made it more of a conversation. I was interviewed by one of the PAs, an admissions counselor, and a current PA student! However there were only two groups and one of the groups was the 3 on 1 vs the other was 2 on 1. 
There were only 7 totally interviewees as well at my interview which was much lower than all of my others. 
the day went by relatively quick! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, apatterson798 said:

Interviewed on Oct 15th and got an acceptance letter in the mail tonight!

Congrats, me too!