BriNicole

Applicants for January 2020 Start

I will be attending the August 1st interview and it also happens to be my birthday that day, what a chance 🙂 Anyone else attending the Aug 1st interview? 

@Siyana I called them and the background / drug test check does not have to be completed before interview but I’n order for them to accept you it must be completed. Sept 1st is deadline to have it done, 

• Like 1

I haven't seen anyone talk about the interview format yet. I just went to the interview so I thought I'd share the love for those who have yet to interview, and for people looking at his forum next year. There are three 15 minute interviews, the question and styles of the interview depend on the interviewer. The questions I was asked skewed heavily on the behavioral side with only a few traditional questions. Below is a link to a list of the members of the admissions committee, you will be interviewed by three random staff on the Faculty. There is a written portion that tests some basic medical knowledge and some behavioral skills. The day starts with ice breakers and a tour of the building by two current PA students. Then there is a powerpoint presentation given by some of the faculty. Then everyone is split into two groups. One group goes into interviews first, the second does the written portion, then they swap. Each of the faculty have a different speciality, and their personality and questioning aligns pretty well with their speciality and role in the program.

https://www.southuniversity.edu/tampa/areas-of-study/physician-assistant/physician-assistant-master-of-science-ms/faculty

Best of luck to everyone who has interviewed and to those who will be interviewing! There are still a lot more interviews that will be held so don't give up if you haven't heard back yet. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, babblingfish said:

I haven't seen anyone talk about the interview format yet. I just went to the interview so I thought I'd share the love for those who have yet to interview, and for people looking at his forum next year. There are three 15 minute interviews, the question and styles of the interview depend on the interviewer. The questions I was asked skewed heavily on the behavioral side with only a few traditional questions. Below is a link to a list of the members of the admissions committee, you will be interviewed by three random staff on the Faculty. There is a written portion that tests some basic medical knowledge and some behavioral skills. The day starts with ice breakers and a tour of the building by two current PA students. Then there is a powerpoint presentation given by some of the faculty. Then everyone is split into two groups. One group goes into interviews first, the second does the written portion, then they swap. Each of the faculty have a different speciality, and their personality and questioning aligns pretty well with their speciality and role in the program.

https://www.southuniversity.edu/tampa/areas-of-study/physician-assistant/physician-assistant-master-of-science-ms/faculty

Best of luck to everyone who has interviewed and to those who will be interviewing! There are still a lot more interviews that will be held so don't give up if you haven't heard back yet. 

Thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, were you impressed with what you saw during your visit, and do you see yourself attending this program if accepted? 

8 hours ago, babblingfish said:

Thanks for this! I have an interview next week and I'm so nervous. This is so helpful for knowing what to expect

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JGil7 said:

Thanks for this! I have an interview next week and I'm so nervous. This is so helpful for knowing what to expect

Me too! On July 25! Is that when you have yours ? 

16 hours ago, VanessaMarion said:

Mine is on the 23rd. Congrats on the interview invite!

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, JGil7 said:

Thank you so much for this! We all greatly appreciate it. 🙂

On 7/19/2019 at 8:04 PM, VanessaMarion said:

Hi Vanessa! My interview is on this date as well !

On 7/20/2019 at 12:30 PM, JGil7 said:

Mine is on the 23rd. Congrats on the interview invite!

Hi, do you guys mind sharing when your applications were sent?

On 7/19/2019 at 11:22 AM, babblingfish said:

Hi there thanks again for the info ! For the behavioral questionarre, would you say it was more of "think of a time/example" or was it more of "situational/ethical"?

21 hours ago, PrePaGal4 said:

Hi Vanessa! My interview is on this date as well !

congrats !! I’m traveling to Tampa from palm coast tomorrow , I’ll be there in a Dalmatian print shirt with blonde hair lol 

Are they still sending out interview invites? I submitted my app on 6/8 so Im not feeling very hopeful at this point.

2 hours ago, Hmhguy95 said:

Are they still sending out interview invites? I submitted my app on 6/8 so Im not feeling very hopeful at this point.

I wouldn't lose hope !! July is the first month they are interviewing and they still have a couple months to go. They send out an invite only like a week-ish prior. So there is still plenty of time 🙂

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew if the program offered to hold baggages for applicants who are flying out on the same day as their interview? Thank you! 

52 minutes ago, Cheyennq said:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew if the program offered to hold baggages for applicants who are flying out on the same day as their interview? Thank you! 

Yep! They will put anyone’s luggage in an office before the interviews start! 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 5:58 PM, Siyana said:

I will be attending the August 1st interview and it also happens to be my birthday that day, what a chance 🙂 Anyone else attending the Aug 1st interview? 

What a wonderful gift!

I am...good luck to you! Do you live in Tampa?

Edited by FaithandHope

On 7/23/2019 at 6:38 AM, PrePaGal4 said:

Hi there thanks again for the info ! For the behavioral questionarre, would you say it was more of "think of a time/example" or was it more of "situational/ethical"?

situational/ethical

On 7/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, Letsdothis said:

Anybody hear back from the first interview session yet?

I was a part of the first interview group and have not heard anything back yet, hopefully this week!

On 7/19/2019 at 11:22 AM, babblingfish said:

I got a call today with the August 7th interview date. Thank you for this information, it's most appreciated! Best of luck to you!

On 7/22/2019 at 3:12 PM, tsam1 said:

Hi, do you guys mind sharing when your applications were sent?

Sent it on 6/30