On 11/6/2019 at 7:54 AM, Gabpa said:

Just received an email that my application has undergone an “initial review”, but all of the upcoming interview dates are full and they will contact me throughout the winter if an opportunity arises.

This was the first communication I’ve received since I submitted my app around 6/24!

Same here. Thought it was a weird response to get... but in any case I've been accepted elsewhere! Congrats to everyone accepted already 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:39 PM, mstarr11 said:

Does anyone know if there’s a Facebook page for those accepted yet? 

This is my question as well! I was accepted on 11/12 from the 10/3 interview.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! For those who are still waiting for an interview invite or an acceptance, hang in there!

I am a current student at the Drexel PA program, and am here to help if anyone has any questions. Just shoot me a message and I'll try my best to get back to you.

Here is the FB group for the upcoming class: https://www.facebook.com/groups/409746259955797/

Edited by strivingfortheC

19 hours ago, kkay113 said:

I just received an interview for 01/16. Does anyone know if the class is already full or if this is the last interview session?

i just received an interview for 2/13, so maybe that’s the last one? Shocked they’d go this long. 

43 minutes ago, jaseyrae said:

I got a missed call from Drexel and interviewed 11/20. Should i call back? 

I would say call back if they left a voicemail saying they are from Drexel! 

Any of the previous interviewers have any advice for preparing for the writing sample portion of the interview? Just want to know if it is  something I should be worried about or is it pretty straightforward ? 

Edited by DaniPA

The writing portion is pretty straightforward. I would make sure you are familiar with issues/strengths of the PA profession. Also be prepared to reflect on your strengths as an applicant.

I cannot give specific examples because A. it wouldn't be fair, and B. I don't remember the exact questions from 4 months ago. 

Good luck at your interview! 

• Like 1

Just received an interview for 2/13!!! Honestly don't even care if I'm on their list because other people declined interviews/acceptances, because all that matters is they like me and I know this is all happening for a reason. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

On 1/2/2020 at 4:20 PM, krsnkm said:

Coming in late to this- 

is anyone interviewing 1/16?

I am! I'm local to Philly so let me know if you have any questions!

I got an email way back in July notifying me of the "receipt of application" but I have heard nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat? 

1 hour ago, sunny98 said:

I got an email way back in July notifying me of the "receipt of application" but I have heard nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat? 

I sent my application in back in July and didn’t hear anything back until I got an interview invite by email last week!

• Upvote 1

Just got an interview for 2/13! Must have a few spots left I guess? Does anyone know how many spots are filled, or approximately how many could be left? Anyways, I'm flying in on the 12th in the afternoon. Who else will be there for 2/13 interview? Excited to meet you all!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Fansa01
      Hi everyone, so I am very thankful as a third applicant I have now been accepted into two amazing PA programs. ATSU (mesa, AZ) and Boston University (Boston, MA). However, I am having a very hard time choosing between the two and would love advice from current students, alumni, practicing PAs. Basically the community. ATSU Pros: Tuition~104k  I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process and liked the staff Affiliated with  Community Health Centers for safteynet clinical experiences, does community stuff during didactic as well 7 week core clinical 6 week rotations 1 elective 6 week rotation Offers PACKRAT end of clinicals  Offered a body soul mind course which I found really unique and different compared to programs Cheaper cost of living Established in 1996 Have a few MDs and 15 PA-C on faculty staff (I feel to make up for bigger class size) Cons: A bit longer/expensive in flight and distance from my homestate Florida so not as easy for family to visit/vise versa (ideally if I can) PANCE is only at 94% pass rate (I feel this is a little low but I could be wrong) Concerned of rural site clinical rotations expenses adding up to cost of Boston (estimating 2k per rotation) 26 months starts later in July Completely isolated and alone, no nearby support system Overview: 14 month didactic, 12 months clinical. 70 student class size. Cheaper tuition and cost of living. I'm used to heat being from Florida. learning-centered education and seems more concerned with whole person healthcare with an emphasis on underserved populations. The program seemed deeply committed to fulfilling this mission. No thesis needed.  Boston: Pros: People seem to be telling me that BU has an esteemed reputation so it would theoretically open more doors for me (but I have read where you attend doesn't weigh much) 56 weeks of clinical rotations, +10 specialties, and then 5 additional elective clerkships in sub-specialties. Affiliations with major NE area hospitals such as Boston medical center, The clinical phase is 16 months in length and is comprised of 14 clinical clerkships and two months dedicated to thesis preparation. PANCE pass rate I believe is100% online but in the interview, they said 98.6% I have a friend currently in BU residency and family close by in Massachusettes  Starts in April and is 28 months long Class size: 30 students Lots of case-based studies, journal clubs, and we learn alongside 2nd-year medical students during the didactic for pathogenesis.  Faculty seems very esteemed and imbedded in their fields in comparison Cons: 124k total not including living or personal expenses  Much higher cost of living relatively new established in 2013 and was on probation last year but is now accredited until 2028. I found the interview...not as enjoyable or able to connect with the staff compared to ATSU interview Faculty is 2 MDs and 4 PA-C Overview: 12 month didactic, 14 in clinical, and 2 in research. 30 student class size, evidence-based, patient-centered care. Seems more traditional in teachings.  

• By NeurosugeryPAC
      Hey Guys, my name is Benjamin. I work in Neurosurgery. I’m a PA-C. I received over 25 interviews when I was applying to schools. If you are getting interviews but not acceptances I would love to help. Check out www.physicianassistantschooladvice.org it lays out some good ideas to help get you that edge. 
      cheers,
      Benjamin
    • By Perdikos
      Hello. As of today I have only applied to one PA school program (Rutgers) but unfortunately I got denied. I decided not to apply to any other schools this cycle as I have not started my senior year yet and am missing some of the prerequisite courses for many programs. I am currently working as a Medical Scribe and have been doing this for about one year now with about 750 hours. I also volunteered at a food pantry but only completed about 50 hours doing so. My science GPA is 3.32 and my cumulative GPA of 3.62.  I am planning to complete my senior year and continue working to build up more hours and reapply next cycle with a stronger application but I am worried that my experience as a scribe may not be enough. Do you think I should search for something else to do other than scribing to expand my resume?  I won’t have much time to do so during the school year as I will be busy with school work and working about twice a week so I might have to quit my current job if I do so. I am scribing a PA in family medicine and am scared to leave as I feel this is a very good experience and what I want to do in the future. 
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More