On 11/6/2019 at 7:54 AM, Gabpa said:

Just received an email that my application has undergone an “initial review”, but all of the upcoming interview dates are full and they will contact me throughout the winter if an opportunity arises.

This was the first communication I’ve received since I submitted my app around 6/24!

Same here. Thought it was a weird response to get... but in any case I've been accepted elsewhere! Congrats to everyone accepted already 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ACCEPTED FROM THE AUGUST 15TH INTERVIEW!  I literally could not hold back the tears, this was my third year applying and I have never felt anything like the excitement I have now.  So excite

I just received a call!!! I got accepted 😭😭🙏🏼 good luck to everyone else!! 🙏🏼

For everyone worrying about whether or not they have been denied, please stop worrying. This school in particular has only sent out two rounds of interviews (July and August) and it is still extremely

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! For those who are still waiting for an interview invite or an acceptance, hang in there!

I am a current student at the Drexel PA program, and am here to help if anyone has any questions. Just shoot me a message and I'll try my best to get back to you.

Here is the FB group for the upcoming class: https://www.facebook.com/groups/409746259955797/

Edited by strivingfortheC
  • 3 weeks later...

The writing portion is pretty straightforward. I would make sure you are familiar with issues/strengths of the PA profession. Also be prepared to reflect on your strengths as an applicant.

I cannot give specific examples because A. it wouldn't be fair, and B. I don't remember the exact questions from 4 months ago. 

Good luck at your interview! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received an interview for 2/13!!! Honestly don't even care if I'm on their list because other people declined interviews/acceptances, because all that matters is they like me and I know this is all happening for a reason. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

1 hour ago, sunny98 said:

I got an email way back in July notifying me of the "receipt of application" but I have heard nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat? 

I sent my application in back in July and didn’t hear anything back until I got an interview invite by email last week!

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By sabella57
      Hello! I thought I would get the forum for the SIU application started!
      Has anyone had trouble filling out the supplemental application? There is no option to choose "Summer 2022".
    • By futurepa1998
      Do I have a chance?
      I’m struggling to decide if I should apply for this cycle or not due to my gpa and PCE. I graduated last august with a bachelors in biology. I’m 23 btw. 
      Cumulative Gpa before post bacc credits-2.98
      Sci GPA-2.65
      Cumulative gpa after post bacc-3.17 (32 credits)
      Sci gpa after-3.10
      Post bacc cgpa- 3.98 sgpa- 4.00
      PCE hours as a CNA~1500
      Medical assistant~ 400
      HCE as a Pathology Tech~ 1360
      LOR- one from MD that I worked with, one from a PA I shadowed, and one from a former boss
      Shadowing~150 hours 
      Leadership Hours~80 hours 
      Volunteer~150 hours
      Taking the GRE this month 
      My GPA was low in my undergrad bc of going through personal circumstances and recently learning that I have ADHD. After finding out my diagnosis I completely changed how I studied and I had an upward trend my senior year and during this post bacc.
    • By Kalebmi20
      Hello PA forum.
      After doing some soul searching, I decided on maybe going for PA school. I am only a 2nd semester freshman. However, due to many circumstances, such as adjusting to online school, and a 1 star professor, my first semester of college was a 2.5. I also was not planning on anything after undergrad so I wasn't totally motivated on acing everything. I am doing my best this semester to make up for that, and getting a 3.75 or 4 this semester is realistic at the moment since Ive bee working extra hard. I am very worried however that all of the hard work that will come in the next years will be for naught if my 2.5 first semester will weigh me down. I know I am capable of getting mostly As and Bs from here on out, but will my first semester be the bane of my PA school application? Will schools take into account covid college and and very bad professors who hardly knew how to operate education software? Will schools see the upward trend as a good thing? I also understand that my application will be looked at as a package rather than just GPA, so I have some hope, but this worry still lingers.
    • By TatiRenee
      Hi everyone! I’m Tati.
      I just graduated in December with my BS in Kinesiology. I had a low GPA, exactly 3.0.  I don’t know what my science gpa is but I can only assume that is low as well. I plan to retake O-Chem 1 ( I got an S grading for it Bc my school did the S/U grading in Spring 2019) & I plan to take Biochem this summer. 
      I just started getting patient hours as an Emt in December. Once the PA application opens, I think I’ll have about 500 hrs. By august, assuming I only pick up my shift hours & not OT; I’ll have ~1000 hrs.  I don’t have any shadowing experience & it’s pretty hard to get some now because of the pandemic. 

im debating if I should apply this cycle with only the minimum hrs & a low gpa or should I wait, retake some classes & apply next yr? I’m very conflicted and don’t know what I should do. I know I want to go to Pa school but cannot decide on the timeline. 

any advice is appreciated!
    • By Tarantino
      Hi, everyone. I'm a non-traditional student, wrapping up my associate's degree in psychology from a small state school (not a community college) in Georgia. This college only offers 3 bachelor degrees, which is why I would finish elsewhere. I was a student at Arizona State Online, but transferred to take my prerequisites and labs in person. All my science prerequisites with in-person labs for PA programs will be done prior to transferring to the next college for my bachelor's degree. Now that I'm almost done, I was originally planning to then finish my degree through ASU, but am now considering finishing it at my local university for various reasons. Here's the two options I have:

Option A: Finish my bachelor's degree in psychology at my local university.
      PROS: Graduate with less than $10k in debt. Get hands-on experience in research. More than likely get a stronger letter of recommendation.
      CONS: It would take longer to finish. I would barely get by, working part-time and living paycheck to paycheck. I would have to devote more time to in-person classes, which would take away from my income and time to do other things. Less volunteer hours. ALL clinical hours will be in private EMS, so my hands-on experience and skills won't be utilized as much, as it's 95% mostly transporting stable patients.
      Option B: Finish my bachelor's degree in psychology at Arizona State University (online).
      PROS: Accelerated program and can finish in 1.5 years instead of 2.5 years. Work in 911 EMS, which means better hands-on experience and utilizing my skills more - I think this will also make me a better provider in the future. More time to work, which means more income. More time not in a physical class, which means more time to volunteer, which is less stressful since I also have more money in general. Still get to go graduate in person.
      CONS: Graduate with around $30k in debt. Weaker letters of recommendation. Little research opportunity. Obvious I finished my degree online because the college is 20+ hours away.

Although it would cost more to finish at ASU, I could become a PA faster, which means it would actually be better financially IF I were to get into both at the same cycle.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More