On 11/6/2019 at 7:54 AM, Gabpa said:

Just received an email that my application has undergone an “initial review”, but all of the upcoming interview dates are full and they will contact me throughout the winter if an opportunity arises.

This was the first communication I’ve received since I submitted my app around 6/24!

Same here. Thought it was a weird response to get... but in any case I've been accepted elsewhere! Congrats to everyone accepted already 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:39 PM, mstarr11 said:

Does anyone know if there’s a Facebook page for those accepted yet? 

This is my question as well! I was accepted on 11/12 from the 10/3 interview.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! For those who are still waiting for an interview invite or an acceptance, hang in there!

I am a current student at the Drexel PA program, and am here to help if anyone has any questions. Just shoot me a message and I'll try my best to get back to you.

Here is the FB group for the upcoming class: https://www.facebook.com/groups/409746259955797/

Edited by strivingfortheC

19 hours ago, kkay113 said:

I just received an interview for 01/16. Does anyone know if the class is already full or if this is the last interview session?

i just received an interview for 2/13, so maybe that’s the last one? Shocked they’d go this long. 

43 minutes ago, jaseyrae said:

I got a missed call from Drexel and interviewed 11/20. Should i call back? 

I would say call back if they left a voicemail saying they are from Drexel! 

Any of the previous interviewers have any advice for preparing for the writing sample portion of the interview? Just want to know if it is  something I should be worried about or is it pretty straightforward ? 

Edited by DaniPA

The writing portion is pretty straightforward. I would make sure you are familiar with issues/strengths of the PA profession. Also be prepared to reflect on your strengths as an applicant.

I cannot give specific examples because A. it wouldn't be fair, and B. I don't remember the exact questions from 4 months ago. 

Good luck at your interview! 

• Like 1

Just received an interview for 2/13!!! Honestly don't even care if I'm on their list because other people declined interviews/acceptances, because all that matters is they like me and I know this is all happening for a reason. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

On 1/2/2020 at 4:20 PM, krsnkm said:

Coming in late to this- 

is anyone interviewing 1/16?

I am! I'm local to Philly so let me know if you have any questions!

I got an email way back in July notifying me of the "receipt of application" but I have heard nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat? 

1 hour ago, sunny98 said:

I got an email way back in July notifying me of the "receipt of application" but I have heard nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat? 

I sent my application in back in July and didn’t hear anything back until I got an interview invite by email last week!

• Upvote 1

Just got an interview for 2/13! Must have a few spots left I guess? Does anyone know how many spots are filled, or approximately how many could be left? Anyways, I'm flying in on the 12th in the afternoon. Who else will be there for 2/13 interview? Excited to meet you all!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ShaneG412
      Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well, like many of you I am waiting to hear back from PA schools to see if I will be invited for an interview. I wanted to seek out constructive criticism and advice on how I can improve my chances of getting an interview not only for this cycle but next cycle if I don't get in. (a little side note I just recently switched from the D.O pathway to the PA route my Junior year and I am extremely happy with the decision but I am behind on the hours as I just switched pathways this winter.)
      Heres some stats from my application
      -Accumulative GPA: 3.62
      -Science GPA: 3.76
      -GRE: 313 Overall / 157 Verbal / 152 Quantattive / 4.0 Writing
      -Shadowing: 4 MDs and PAs for about 20 hours. (this was a struggle as I just started PA shadowing right before the pandemic but hopefully I can add to this in August!)
      -Healthcare Hours with direct patient contact: About 500 hours with about half being a nursing assistant and the other half being an assistant athletic trainer. (Another weak point but I should be close to 700 hours by the time interviews roll around and I could definitely pass 1000 before I matriculate if accepted)
      -Volunteer Hours: A little bit over 100 hours
      -I have a good amount of extracurriculars and leadership roles along with published research (which I am hoping will make up for some of the weak areas of my application)
      Again I appreciate any advice on how I can improve my chances for this cycle and/or next cycle if I (knock on wood) don't get in this year. I wish everyone on here the best in their applications and their journey to becoming a practicing PA!
      Best Regards,
      Shane
    • By PotentialPA1
      I’ve already been gathering my PCE/HCE by volunteering as an EMT, working as a Scribe, and working as a DSP at a home for people with head injuries. So, volunteering at an animal shelter would simply just be my “giving back to the community” addition to my application. I love animals so this would be really satisfying for me to do in my spare time, when I’m not working with humans lol. Would schools look at this at all, or is it just a waste of my time that I should be spending working at a soup kitchen or something? I understand that a soup kitchen would probably be better and I plan on doing something like that once covid is over but for now my friend is starting up her own animal shelter and I would love for this to count for my application and make me look better to schools.
    • By Reana
      Hi I was wondering if I should include grants such as the Pell Grant or Texas Excellence Grant as a part of achievements in the CASPA application? It is not necessarily a scholarship, I believe it can be included as an award. Has anyone ever done so? 
    • By PAstudentcp2021
      Since social media is such a big part of the newer generations day to day life, I wanted to start a thread for helpful Instagram accounts to follow for our journey to becoming a PA! These range from current PA school applicants, PA students, and PA-Cs. Feel free to add to the list!!!!

Pre-PA Instagram Accounts:
      @ thepathtopa @ thepaplatform @ chasinghealthgoals  @ my.path.to.pa @ renatamarie_pre.pa @ la.petite.pa @ myparesource @ mypabox @ hannah.pa @ j_thefuturepa @ sparkles_and_scalpels_ @ medically.bri @ pa_tientcare @ taylormorgan.pa.s @ caasapa @ pas_kendall  @ jadamarie.pa @ emilyb_pa  
    • By medunlea
      Hi! Does anyone know of any programs that once required the GRE and are now no longer requiring it this year due to COVID? I wanted to apply to a few more schools but haven’t taken the GRE. Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More