20 hours ago, nyPAs1 said:

Feeling like Feb 13 interviewees was their waitlist batch

I agree, especially since none of us were locals. 

I got pulled from the waitlist last week. I got a call last week. Feel so honored for the opportunity! Wishing everyone luck!

Edited by Haha20
  • Like 1

just curious if you emailed them an update on your application or if they just gave you a call? congrats though!!! such a great school. 

Got accepted at a diff university. I know Drexel boasts a reputation but make sure you do your research! Good luck!

On 6/8/2020 at 5:09 PM, ktj13 said:

just curious if you emailed them an update on your application or if they just gave you a call? congrats though!!! such a great school. 

Thank you! I feel soooo grateful. God is faithful. I emailed asking for an update. I was informed to patiently wait and remain on the waitlist until the end of June. Then, on the next day, I got a call! Wish everyone luck!

1 hour ago, DaniPA said:

I just got off the waitlist today! 

I am confused. I am a first time applicant for 2020 cycle and looking at the old posts. Are you saying you just got off the wait list from applying last year? By the way congratulations!

yay congrats!!! i asked someone else this as well, but did you send them an update? or ask for an update?

1 hour ago, DaniPA said:

I just got off the waitlist today! 

yay congrats!!! i asked someone else this as well, but did you send them an update? or ask for an update?

22 minutes ago, PA95050 said:

I am confused. I am a first time applicant for 2020 cycle and looking at the old posts. Are you saying you just got off the wait list from applying last year? By the way congratulations!

I applied for the 2019/2020 cycle and I interviewed in February. 

1 minute ago, DaniPA said:

I applied for the 2019/2020 cycle and I interviewed in February. 

Thanks and again congratulations! 

7 minutes ago, ktj13 said:

I asked if they wanted an update of my work experience since my interview and then I just got a call from Martha! 

I got pulled off the wait list last week! I received a call and email from Martha.

I'm preparing to move across the country in just under a month. If anyone is still viewing this and would like to connect, please reach out 🙂

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Perdikos
      Hello. As of today I have only applied to one PA school program (Rutgers) but unfortunately I got denied. I decided not to apply to any other schools this cycle as I have not started my senior year yet and am missing some of the prerequisite courses for many programs. I am currently working as a Medical Scribe and have been doing this for about one year now with about 750 hours. I also volunteered at a food pantry but only completed about 50 hours doing so. My science GPA is 3.32 and my cumulative GPA of 3.62.  I am planning to complete my senior year and continue working to build up more hours and reapply next cycle with a stronger application but I am worried that my experience as a scribe may not be enough. Do you think I should search for something else to do other than scribing to expand my resume?  I won’t have much time to do so during the school year as I will be busy with school work and working about twice a week so I might have to quit my current job if I do so. I am scribing a PA in family medicine and am scared to leave as I feel this is a very good experience and what I want to do in the future. 
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By AJRCS
      So I live in Tucson Arizona and my fiancé and I just bought a house from his father. I originally was going to be a Clinical Psychologist but the median salary to PhD/PsyD debt ratio is atrocious. I was speaking with a former mentor and internship director now friend who told me that I would be better suited to being a Physician Assistant and that therapy doesn’t seem to have professional fulfillment (based on my experience as a group cbt facilitator.) He is totally right, I believe that therapy is an immensely helpful tool in treating behavioral health conditions, I just don’t think I should be the one to provide said therapy.
      My point is that Tucson does not have a school with a PA program. The ones in Arizona are all Northern or Central Arizona and I don’t think I could make living in Tucson and commuting work (the nearest school is a appx 6 hour round trip.) So I am not sure what my options are or if I can do this at all especially considering I only have 300 pce as a CNA and one prereq done (Gen Stats and Psych Stats.) I have been doing research and I really like the idea of being a Psych PA. I thought about the Yale Online program but as it stands I don’t think I’d be a competitive applicant and I live too far from Mesa, Glendale or Flagstaff. Would it be possible to do a post bacc to fulfill pre-reqs and boost my 2.9 GPA and get more PCE in order to apply to the Yale Online Program? I feel like banking on one school isn’t a wise idea? 
    • By ShaneG412
      Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well, like many of you I am waiting to hear back from PA schools to see if I will be invited for an interview. I wanted to seek out constructive criticism and advice on how I can improve my chances of getting an interview not only for this cycle but next cycle if I don't get in. (a little side note I just recently switched from the D.O pathway to the PA route my Junior year and I am extremely happy with the decision but I am behind on the hours as I just switched pathways this winter.)
      Heres some stats from my application
      -Accumulative GPA: 3.62
      -Science GPA: 3.76
      -GRE: 313 Overall / 157 Verbal / 152 Quantattive / 4.0 Writing
      -Shadowing: 4 MDs and PAs for about 20 hours. (this was a struggle as I just started PA shadowing right before the pandemic but hopefully I can add to this in August!)
      -Healthcare Hours with direct patient contact: About 500 hours with about half being a nursing assistant and the other half being an assistant athletic trainer. (Another weak point but I should be close to 700 hours by the time interviews roll around and I could definitely pass 1000 before I matriculate if accepted)
      -Volunteer Hours: A little bit over 100 hours
      -I have a good amount of extracurriculars and leadership roles along with published research (which I am hoping will make up for some of the weak areas of my application)
      Again I appreciate any advice on how I can improve my chances for this cycle and/or next cycle if I (knock on wood) don't get in this year. I wish everyone on here the best in their applications and their journey to becoming a practicing PA!
      Best Regards,
      Shane

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More