CASPA Application Cycle 2019-2020

On 9/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, beapa21 said:

are any interviewees willing to share stats?? Would help. Got my confirmation today and I’m curious 

Accepted to LIU 9/6 after interview 7/21!!

Graduated from UVA 2018 w/English major, biology minor

cGPA: 3.45

sGPA: 3.31

GRE: 311

Shadowing PA hours: 400 hours 

PCE: 1360 hours pediatric MA / 300+ in current urgent care MA/scribe job 

Plus some volunteering + EC hours. Good luck in the interview!! It's very laid back and the staff/students are friendly and welcoming.

4 hours ago, CharlotteF said:

Accepted to LIU 9/6 after interview 7/21!!

Graduated from UVA 2018 w/English major, biology minor

cGPA: 3.45

sGPA: 3.31

GRE: 311

Shadowing PA hours: 400 hours 

PCE: 1360 hours pediatric MA / 300+ in current urgent care MA/scribe job 

Plus some volunteering + EC hours. Good luck in the interview!! It's very laid back and the staff/students are friendly and welcoming.

Congratulations!  You did it! 🎉

Edited by dleesee

I got my verification on the 18th, has anyone from this verification date gotten an interview? I was reading old forums from last year and people got invites via mail. Should I be looking in my email or mail? I'm so desperate because this is my dream school!

On 10/2/2019 at 10:20 AM, mands said:

I got my verification on the 18th, has anyone from this verification date gotten an interview? I was reading old forums from last year and people got invites via mail. Should I be looking in my email or mail? I'm so desperate because this is my dream school!

I got my interview invite via email! 

On 10/2/2019 at 1:20 PM, mands said:

I got my verification email on 9/18 as well and still have not heard back yet. The waiting game is VERY stressful 😓

3 hours ago, PatobeMJ said:

Hi guys, I got the email for an interview September 9th had the interview October 1st and they said they notify acceptances around 3-4 weeks after. 

So do you think for the Sept 18 verifications, there's a slimmer chance of interview?

Edited by mands

12 hours ago, PatobeMJ said:

I just checked and got the email that mine was verified the 18th as well - so Unsure? 

I'm screaming! That definitely just tensed my nerves up a lot more lol. What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

On 10/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, mands said:

I'm screaming! That definitely just tensed my nerves up a lot more lol. What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Yeah! 3.63 GPA  3.42 science ~1,400 hours Medical Assistant 312 GRE and I did a lot of volunteering. Just got an acceptance letter in the mail  but was dated October 2nd!! 

13 hours ago, Kmg7047 said:

if i haven't heard anything yet should I be worried? are most people accepted by now?

@Kmg7047 I have only received an email saying they have my app.. I am confused as well since the deadline is not until January but if they are rolling admission then the deadline does not really matter and they could very well be pretty much full lol. 

I’m a current PA student at LIU. If you haven’t been invited to an interview yet, or are wondering whether or not you should even apply this late, do it. I applied some time in December and was invited for an interview some time in January. And others had interviews after me as well. So don’t get discouraged or take yourself out of the equation. Good luck everyone!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NicoleNat said:

I applied to this school August 31 and still haven't heard anything, not even a confirmation email. Should I call, or is this normal?

I got my confirmation like a month after I applied. I submitted my application like mid August and received confirmation 9/18...still have yet to hear back for an interview or rejection