Tufts mentions GRE percentile > 60% on each section under "Achievement of the class of 2019." They also state "Applicants are encouraged to have overall GRE scores above the 50thpercentile" under GRE Requirement. I scored 154 (54th percentile) on quant but 148 (38th percentile) on verbal.  I was planning to apply and already sent my GRE scores to them but I'm not sure if they will evaluate my application based on my GRE scores. I have 3000 hours of PCE and ongoing, meet all the min requirements and GPA of 3.69. I do not plan on retaking the GRE test again as this is the only school that I am concerned of in terms of GRE. Should I apply to Tufts? 

Achievements of the Class of 2019

METRIC GOAL SUCCESS
Admissions Undergraduate GPA >3.3 3.60
Prerequisite GPA >3.2 3.61
GRE Percentiles (Q/V) >60% for each 64% / 76%
Patient Care Hours >1000 2355 (avg.)
Academic
Performance
Class average cumulative GPA >3.2 3.75
Successful completion of all clinical rotations 100% Pass rate 100%
Edited by Sthapa

If you don't plan on retaking the GRE and it's not a requirement to have an overall score above the 50th percentile, you should still apply. Your stats seem pretty good and your GRE is above the 300 mark, so it won't hurt!

Edited by Potatolife
  • Like 1

I believe they prefer an overall above a 300 but it is not a requirement. That is just the average of the class so take into consideration that there are people with lower and higher scores. Plus, Tufts looks at every applicant holistically. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By msomaiya
      Hi ,
      Selling my Magoosh gre premium subscription for $45 with 3 months left!
      Whats app me if anyone needs it 🙂
      +91 9769476850
      Thanks!
    • By katie2020
      Hi! I took the gre and scored a 312 with the help of magoosh!! This account has around a month left on it, let me know if you're interested!
    • By medunlea
      Hi! Does anyone know of any programs that once required the GRE and are now no longer requiring it this year due to COVID? I wanted to apply to a few more schools but haven’t taken the GRE. Thanks!
    • By PAjess2020
      Hey does anyone know if you can apply to LIU before you take the GRE?
    • By ClevelandJ
      Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has taken the home GRE yet and if so did you use a laptop computer? My camera can only stare at my face if I want to look at the screen properly and I have doubts this will be acceptable to the Procter. 
      Just trying to figure out if I register to take the at home GRE will I be wasting money because they can only view my face and not my surroundings. I appreciate the help. Thanks 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More