gdavila91

NHSC Loan Repayemnt site change

Hi everyone,

If anyone has insight or personal experience with this I would greatly appreciate some feedback.

Has anyone who has been awarded the loan repayment do a site change? Say if you get awarded but end up changing sites at the beginning of your service date (or at any point)-has anyone successfully done this? And your commitment is 2 years total not 2 years per service site? On the NHSC website they say you can submit a site change application but do have to submit an employee verification (of the new site) along with the application and wait for them to approve it. 

Thank you!

There was a thread a while back on this topic.  Pretty extensive.  The jest was, it's VERY rare to actually get approved for loan repayment.  I have not been through it, so I don't know.  However, those who have said it was difficult.

I had no issues changing site, although I changed towards the end of my service agreement. As long as the HPSA score is similar (I think it has to be within a certain range) and they approve of the change before you move, you should be okay. All this info should be on the website. Good luck!

• Like 1

I just got my site approval change last week. It only took 9 days from start to finish to get the approval. Very easy process and not what @Cideous has stated. the application process for the NHSC was not that bad. The worst part was putting all my loans in manually as the federal sites were not working last year when I tried to upload my loans via the federal.gov website. Everything else was painless. I am glad to hear people like @Cideous think it is hard as that makes my chances higher and I will hopefully be getting my 3rd year loan repayment next July! The $50,000 tax-free was the biggest blessing and has changed  my life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2