12 minutes ago, Focus21 said:

Are you from the area?

I'm not from Connecticut! I'll be coming in from Boston! Are you ? 

2 hours ago, Yay4PASchool said:

Accepted!!! Just got the early notification email at 12pm pacific time. Interviewed 9/28, CASPA verified 6/25. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! 

Congrats!! Do they let you know if you’re rejected or not?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cjc1030 said:

Congrats!! Do they let you know if you’re rejected or not?

Thank you! I don’t know about the rejection notifications. During the interview day the director mentioned something about being notified up to 3 months from now. Not sure if that applies to both acceptances and rejections? Sorry, wish I had more information! Good luck!

20 hours ago, Yay4PASchool said:

Accepted!!! Just got the early notification email at 12pm pacific time. Interviewed 9/28, CASPA verified 6/25. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back! 

Congratulation!!!

• Like 1

I received my official acceptance last Thursday & accepted!!!! I was a part of the interview group on 9/28. I can't wait to be a part of this class!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ameliamay said:

I received my official acceptance last Thursday & accepted!!!! I was a part of the interview group on 9/28. I can't wait to be a part of this class!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!!! 

Congrats! How was the interview format? Were there more traditional questions. MMI, etc? Thanks! 

For those verified around 9/4, have you heard anything... either a rejection or interview? All I see on this forum are applicants who applied very early in the game. I was wondering if any of the later applicants had any feedback for me! Thanks 😁

9 minutes ago, admatos said:

For those verified around 9/4, have you heard anything... either a rejection or interview? All I see on this forum are applicants who applied very early in the game. I was wondering if any of the later applicants had any feedback for me! Thanks 😁

I applied mid July and I haven't heard anything. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AnaDilsia said:

I applied mid July and I haven't heard anything. 

I don't know how much longer I can play this waiting game.... 😓

• Upvote 1

Just now, admatos said:

I don't know how much longer I can play this waiting game.... 😓

Tell me about it! Almost 3 months of waiting. idk how many more interview dates they have left. But the longer the wait, the more discourage I get. 

7 hours ago, rfo1234 said:

Congrats! How was the interview format? Were there more traditional questions. MMI, etc? Thanks! 

It was two interviews that were either 1v1 or 2v1 and then one group interview and a writing sample, they definitely try to make sure you feel as comfortable as possible while you are there!!! 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, ameliamay said:

Congratulations 🎈🍾 

Hi! For those who have already interviewed and came from out of state, did you uber or opt for a rental car? If you did uber, were there ubers readily available in the area? 

On 10/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, ameliamay said:

@ameliamay Congratulations 🍾🎈 

On 10/12/2019 at 12:52 PM, Mich138 said:

Hi! For those who have already interviewed and came from out of state, did you uber or opt for a rental car? If you did uber, were there ubers readily available in the area? 

I rented a car just for convenience, but it depends on your preference though. If you can get Uber to be there as early as you want, I don’t think it’s a bad idea. 

10 minutes ago, denkuf said:

I rented a car just for convenience, but it depends on your preference though. If you can get Uber to be there as early as you want, I don’t think it’s a bad idea. 

Thank you! 

Got an interview invite for November 1st earlier this morning! Anyone else coming from the bay area?

(For reference: CASPA app submitted and verified on 7/14.)

On 9/21/2019 at 1:43 PM, denkuf said:

It’s not MMI but a typical one-on-one interview style, two sections with 2 or 3 faculty members per section. It’s a very relaxed and they do everything to make you feel relax and less tense. I will encourage you to go for the informal meet-and-great, it’s very resourceful. I hope this is helpful. Let me know if I can be of a further assistance. I wish you the best of luck. 

Someone has said that there is a writing sample. Did you have a writing sample?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DP011
      Hello,
      I am currently struggling to decide which field I want to pursue ( Master's in Health Administration  vs Physician Assistant). I want to interact with patients but I also want to focus on managing hospitals and program implementation. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do that could expose my to both of my interests or if one has a higher job demand than the other? Any feedback is appreciated! 
    • By highvoltageeee2k3
      HI Folks,
      I am currently in the second year of my contract, i have a bachelors degree in engineering but thats from asia.
      I am an active duty army 68W medic currently working at an army hospital.
      Question i have is that, i was going through lots of PA schools everywhere they say that the degree should be from an university in USA.
      So is it not possible to get into any of the PA programs when i get out of military in couple of years without a bachelors  degree from america?
      What can i do to improve my chances to get into any of the PA programs?
      I checked these schools as a sample.
      University of Iowa
      University of Colorado
      To be honest i dont care about the location once i get out, but wanted to know whats the way forward ?
    • By PrePA1208
      I worked as a PRN rehab technician for about 3 months (roughly 20 hours a week) before I became Full-Time (40 hours a week).  How do I record this change in hours? Do I make two separate entries or average the hours per week?  My hours for PRN also varied each week, with weeks working up to 30 hours and sometimes only 15 hours. Do I need to record this somehow? I also do not understand how PA schools validate that the numbers of hours stated are honest. Is there some sort of validation document needed from each employer from past jobs.  Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
    • By Pwulf28
      Hey all,
      I am currently a 1st year graduate student for athletic training. I am looking into become a PA. Looking to withdraw from my program to pursue PA prerequisites but not sure if this was a good idea. Or if I should complete my program then complete prerequisites. Thanks!
    • By CornellSPA
      Volunteers from the AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF SURGICAL PAs, the first PA professional organization to host Pre-PA events, will be hosting an engaging and informative PRE PA COACHING SEMINAR in TAMPA FLORIDA 
      WHEN JAN 18 2020   4-9:30 PM
      WHERE: USF  CAMLS center      https://camls-us.org/
      Faculty, students, and lecturers from Cornell University, USF, Stony Brook University, Loyola Marymount,  Touro, and others  are all presenting or planning to attend.
      Opportunities for mock interviews as well as critical CASPA essay reviews available 
      You can not miss this seminar...amazing admission tips, mock interviews, essay reviews, cutting edge PA news, and networking, shadowing, and volunteer experiences! WOW!

You will:
      *meet PA leaders & admission advisors
      *learn first hand tips and tricks to become a successful PA Program applicant.
      *Understand the amazing & rapidly growing PA career field.   *Get new info on CASPA! 
      *Earn a certificate of attendance, great on a CASPA application! 

This event is hosted by AASPA and given by Surgical PAs, PA school faculty members, and admissions experts! All volunteer their time to give this seminar. 

Come and learn amazing admissions tips & tricks! Understand the process from the inside and find out why PA school has become so competitive to get into and what admission committees look for.
      CNN, Money Magazine, US Dept of Labor list the PA profession as one of the fastest growing & highest paid careers.
      AASPA is proud to be THE FIRST PA organization to offer Pre-PA seminars, which have become more and more popular. 

*Seating is limited
      *Dress is casual, but not too casual (you may meet a future PA school interviewer!!)

This amazing seminar will include:
      -Overview of the PA Profession
      -PA Profession news that all applicants need to know
      -Essentials of academic prerequisites
      -Health care/patient care prerequisites
      -How to deal with CASPA
      -PA-wanna-be essays
      -How to stand out as an applicant
      -Tips for the returning student
      -One on one and group Q & A session
      -and much more!

Registration/donation ($25):  aaspa.com
      Since AASPA is a non-profit and the faculty are volunteers, it makes a great tax-writeoff! **For groups of 5 or more, you save $15 on each registration, email ceo@aaspa.com for info!!**

QUESTIONS?? 
      aaspa@affinity-strategies.com or 
      Corrine Marconi, Executive Director     corrine@affinity-strategies.com

HOT TIPS
      *On the same day, Saturday January 18, AASPA is hosting an ultrasound workshop with SPOCUS...volunteer opportunities to be an ultrasound model ...what a way to build your CASPA application. 
      *BRING YOUR RESUME, BUSINESS CARDS, AND SAMPLE ESSAY!
      To volunteer to be a POCUS model: aaspa@affinity-strategies.com
      *Discounted hotel rates will be available for Friday and Saturday nights for those flying in and/or volunteering at the ultrasound session. AASPA.COM for info (coming soon)
      AASPA Pre-PA FLyer 2020.pdf

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More