47 minutes ago, DanaSchroeder said:

Got the call yesterday for an interview on 8/17

I totally forgot about this thread. I ended up not even applying here. Nonetheless, congrats on the interview, Dana! 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 11:35 AM, Lifeline10 said:

I totally forgot about this thread. I ended up not even applying here. Nonetheless, congrats on the interview, Dana! 

Thank you!

On 7/31/2019 at 10:45 AM, DanaSchroeder said:

Got the call yesterday for an interview on 8/17

Hey, did you receive an conformation email from Marywood after your CASPA was verified and your app was complete?

On 8/14/2019 at 8:23 PM, aarmst25 said:

Hey, did you receive an conformation email from Marywood after your CASPA was verified and your app was complete?

yes this is what I received, I was CASPA verified on May 28th and I got this email on June 6th

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Marywood University and our Physician Assistant program.   Your CASPA application was successfully received.  We review our applications in batches so please allow several weeks for the review process.  If you are selected for one of our interview dates in August, September, or November you will be notified by the PA department.

Best,

Lauren Tokash"

Hey guys best of luck to everybody on here! I was wondering if anyone heard anything yet from the 8/17 interviews?

Best of luck to you all too! I haven’t heard anything back yet and I also interviewed on 8/17. They mentioned that they try to get back to us within two weeks, so hopefully we should find out soon!

4 hours ago, KM3511 said:

I got accepted yesterday afternoon! Can’t wait to get started!

Congrats! When were you verified? 

2 hours ago, Lsturm603 said:

Has anyone heard anything from the August interview? Whether It be rejection or acceptance?

I have not heard anything yet, we should hear something soon since this is the third week since the interviews.

Just received my interview invite today!! Very excited! For those who interviewed in August, do you have any tips??

Has anyone heard about further interview dates? I was verified about a week ago, and have still not received an email from them. Think i should check with admissions?

I was from the August interviews and I still haven't heard anything an do frustrated too. I hope we all hear soon.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:06 AM, Lsturm603 said:

Hey all, has anyone still not heard back from the August interview? I’m starting to freak out 😕 

I was wondering too about a Facebook page for accepted students. I haven’t seen one yet but I know it’s still really early

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By wallsmp
      I thought I’d start this since I didn’t see any posts about this application cycle yet. Has anyone heard back besides the normal “we received your application” email?
    • By KarlyLM
      Hello, 
      I’m currently taking a gap year and preparing to apply for PA school when CASPA opens up in April 2020. I have a question regarding direct patient care hours. I’ve been working as a home-health CNA for the past 3 years, racking up 2000+ hours. With that being said, I’ve always had this anxiety eating away at me that home-health CNA’s are looked down upon in the terms of what they’re able to do as opposed to CNA’s working in SNF, hospitals, etc. 
      I’m often misrepresented as a home-health aide even though I have my CNA license. I’m always afraid this will hinder me when applying to PA programs simply because I’m viewed as more of a “maid” than a healthcare professional. However, I do more CNA tasks than what people assume. I have bed ridden clients I care for, I have clients that require lifts, and I have clients that are on ventilators. On the other hand, I do have my fair share of clients that are on respite care and my time is solely spent there as a comforter and person to talk to. 

At a recent open house for a PA school I’m interested in, I voiced my concern for this and they assured me that it’s quality over quantity and as long as I was caring for someone it would suffice them. However, that’s just one of the many schools I’m interested in. With this being said, I also have some volunteer hours working as a CNA in a free clinic in my hometown where I’m doing more of the assessing and treating PA schools are looking for. However, majority of my hours are from my CNA job. 

I chose home health because I knew the company I was going to work for was very flexible with hours and I needed that while I was in college. I’ve been with them for so long and grew so close to patients that I haven’t thought about leaving and going to a hospital or SNF to get more/different exposure. 

I guess my question for anyone reading this is: would you consider my home health CNA job direct patient care? 

• By Jaykayleen
      I was checking my verified application & I have “Punjabi” listed under “native language”.  On CASPA my response to “first language” was “Punjabi”.   To clarify, I am fluent in English. (I’ve been speaking English since I was 5!! I answered to "first language" quite literally.) Will I run into any problem with PA programs? Would they assume otherwise?   --I was born in California and went to schools K-12 in Cali and then Uni of Cali, Santa Cruz for undergrad. Has anyone else experienced this?
      **The application is locked & I am unable to change it to English**

• By pursuitofPA
      I am currently finishing up my didactic portion of PA school and considering the amount of loan debt I will have, I am considering enlisting into the airforce or navy after completing PA school in 12/2020.  I was previously an Occupational Therapist though I am not sure if that will matter regarding pay etc. If anyone has advice regarding this process and details on loan repayment, I would greatly appreciate it.
    • By beth73
      Hi everyone.  Thought I'd start the discussion for the 2019-2020 application cycle.  Good luck!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More