University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) 2019-2020 Cycle

@klharm93 that is one of many rotation spots. I haven’t done rotations yet and ill be in Nashville for all my clinical sites. There are four cities that you can be placed in for rotations so you may not be there at all. Im not sure if anyone from second year is on here that is placed in Memphis, so not sure what kind of reply you’ll get on that. As far as moving, A majority of the class is not from Tennessee or Memphis so we all made it happen, I personally didn’t think it was that bad but I had the full 3 months to prepare to move while others were on the wait list and had a shorter time frame so all depends. I loved the January start date because we are literally 3/4 done with didactic and other programs are just starting! 

1 hour ago, klharm93 said:

@Tanders87 @LauraPAS

Hey guys, thanks so much for making yourselves available to us! Really appreciate it. I applied and got an interview invite, but I have a couple questions.

In doing my research, I saw that UTHSC works with Memphis Regional Medical Center, which just got a D rating back in May.  I may be totally misinformed, but I was wondering, have either of you had rotations there, and if you have, do you feel like it's affected the quality of your training during rotation or the quality of your preceptors? 

How are your preceptors in general at all of the other sites?

Also, how did you like the January start date? I live across the country, so starting in January means we would have to uproot pretty soon. How was that for y'all?

haha sorry for the oddly specific questions! Just trying to weigh my options! Thank you so much! 

Since I’m on the tail end of my clinical year, shoot me a private message and I can answer specifics. I’m in Nashville which is a very diff environment than other rotation sites. If anyone has questions or wants to chat pre interview shoot me a message 🙂 (take advantage of the fact I’m on an elective right now haha)

• Like 4

Hey guys! 1st year here! 

I'm so excited for all of you!! This program is amazing and like someone mentioned they are really selective, BUT they're that way because they're looking for genuine future PAs. The very best advice I can give you is that you should just be yourself during your interview. Don't get inside your head because others mention their stats and what not. Remember that the hardest part is getting an interview, and now you just have to show them how awesome you are aside from what's on your application!

Also, I know that you may feel anxious about rotations' placement and about the program's start date and moving and so on, but for now, focus on rocking that interview and getting in; the rest will come later. 

Best of luck newbies! 

Edited by GatorGal
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Reeannuh said:

I'm disheartened as I have not received a phone call. Congrats to you guys who made it, it's your time to make the PA world shine a little bit brighter! 

Just received the waitlist email... definitely bummed, but congrats to everyone who got accepted.

Edited by taylormorgan
  • Like 1