2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, we're trying to get a tuition reduction petition going in light of recent circumstances. If you're an accepted student with an Arcadia email account you should have received a link to the petition in your email. If you have any thoughts on the petition we'd love to hear from you as well! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wondering if anyone could share what the Delaware campus is like? There is a virtual tour up for the Glenside location but not Christiana. Is it a contained campus? What type of area is Christiana? Does it feel like the program is established there despite the separation from the main Arcadia location in PA? Thank you in advance - with COVID everything is virtual so I'm trying to get an idea of what it would be like to attend. 

27 minutes ago, SKO23 said:

Wondering if anyone could share what the Delaware campus is like? There is a virtual tour up for the Glenside location but not Christiana. Is it a contained campus? What type of area is Christiana? Does it feel like the program is established there despite the separation from the main Arcadia location in PA? Thank you in advance - with COVID everything is virtual so I'm trying to get an idea of what it would be like to attend. 

I interviewed there last summer so can answer a few of your questions. The campus is basically a floor out of an office building, so it's contained within that floor. There's other companies and stuff throughout the rest of the building. 

They broadcast everything at the same time between the two campuses. Some days class is live from the Arcadia campus and other days it's live from the Pennsylvania campus (this was pre-Covid of course). Instead of making students drive 5000 hours to the anatomy lab (I forget which school it was at, they shared with another university) they recently starting using the anatomage tables which are pretty cool. Could be a draw back if you were specifically wanting to go into a surgical field though.

The staff and faculty were very welcoming and it was very evident they care about student success and are serious about implementing feedback from students.

The Christiana areas was relatively decent. I felt safe walking around and that sort of thing. Not a whole lot to do or see but 1.) PA school and 2.) Pandemic. The one draw back was holy hell the humidity. I was there the end of August and I'm from the west coast. I was NOT prepared for that, lol.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions. Let me know if there's anything else I can shed some light on!

Wow, thank you so much! I posted here hoping someone still monitored it. I have an interview coming up with them soon (virtual, of course). This gives me an idea of some things I might want to ask (Is there a library students have access to in Christiana? Access to professors / administrators since they are likely off site?). Again, thank you! I really appreciate it.

14 minutes ago, ccallen5 said:

I interviewed there last summer so I can answer a few of your questions. The campus is basically a floor out of an office building, so it's contained within that floor. There's other companies and stuff throughout the rest of the building. 

They broadcast everything at the same time between the two campuses. Some days class is live from the Arcadia campus and other days it's live from the Pennsylvania campus (this was pre-Covid of course). Instead of making students drive 5000 hours to the anatomy lab (I forget which school it was at, they shared with another university) they recently starting using the anatomage tables which are pretty cool. Could be a draw back if you were specifically wanting to go into a surgical field though.

The staff and faculty were very welcoming and it was very evident they care about student success and are serious about implementing feedback from students.

The Christiana areas was relatively decent. I felt safe walking around and that sort of thing. Not a whole lot to do or see but 1.) PA school and 2.) Pandemic. The one draw back was holy hell the humidity. I was there the end of August and I'm from the west coast. I was NOT prepared for that, lol.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions. Let me know if there's anything else I can shed some light on!

1 minute ago, SKO23 said:

Wow, thank you so much! I posted here hoping someone still monitored it. I have an interview coming up with them soon (virtual, of course). This gives me an idea of some things I might want to ask (Is there a library students have access to in Christiana? Access to professors / administrators since they are likely off site?). Again, thank you! I really appreciate it.

You are so welcome! The Christiana campus is right across the street from the hospital and if I recall correctly, students are able to use that. Idk if it would be open currently with the pandemic and stuff though. 

I'd say about half-ish of the faculty, admins, etc. are at each campus. They really focus on "one school, two campuses". 

Good luck with the interview!