2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, runningintopa said:

Do you think it is acceptable to email your interviewer to ask for advice to better your application for next year? Someone also suggested I ask them what place I am on the waitlist, but I feel that is overstepping ...

From what they told me on my interview day, their waitlist is not ranked but they instead review every single application over again and decide from there.

8 hours ago, runningintopa said:

Do you think it is acceptable to email your interviewer to ask for advice to better your application for next year? Someone also suggested I ask them what place I am on the waitlist, but I feel that is overstepping ...

I personally think that asking about the waitlist place could be looked at as overstepping too. But if you want to ask about getting advice to better to your application, maybe you could just mention it in your thank you note? 

• 2 weeks later...

Any current students have any insight on the structure of how they are teaching anatomy at Glenside? I know they got rid of the cadavers and are using the anatomage tables now. I know this is a relatively new change and caused a few hiccups so I’m curious what their plan is for the program this upcoming year.

Edited by duke1217

Hi!

I interviewed in June and plan on attending the program at the Delaware Campus next year. For anyone else who is submitting deposits, did you get any information other than an email confirming your payments? I paid my second deposit that was due on 10/24 last week, and I only have received an email from the admissions board thanking me for my payment and telling me that more information will be coming soon. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!

Looking forward to starting school and meeting some of you!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, laurennzee said:

Hi!

I interviewed in June and plan on attending the program at the Delaware Campus next year. For anyone else who is submitting deposits, did you get any information other than an email confirming your payments? I paid my second deposit that was due on 10/24 last week, and I only have received an email from the admissions board thanking me for my payment and telling me that more information will be coming soon. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!

Looking forward to starting school and meeting some of you!!

I paid my second deposit in Oct (class for the Glenside campus), and that was all I got too- an email confirming payment, and saying more information would come in a few weeks. 🙂 

• Like 1

Does anyone know where some good apartments near the Glenside campus or where other students live? I am moving from out of state and starting the Dual Degree Program in May and don't really know much about the area. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate the help! Thank you:)

Edited by PatelPA18
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/16/2019 at 12:31 PM, DogLover51 said:

Hi everyone, 

My name's Lisa, and I'm a current 1st year in Arcadia's PA program at the Delaware campus.

Good luck to everyone applying! I know it's an incredibly stressful process, and there are so any things going on at once. If anyone has any questions about the Delaware campus, don't hesitate to ask. I will say that both campuses use the exact same curriculum, so I may be able to shed light on some topics for both campuses.

Please reply to this message or direct message me so that I get a notification, I don't want to miss anyone's questions. 

Again, I wish everyone the best of luck!

Hi Lisa 

Thank you for offering you insight about Arcadia. I'm an applicant for PA program this cycle 2019-2020. I got accepted to the program at Arcadia-Glenn Side campus about 2 months ago. On my interview day, we were taken on tour by current 1st year students who are still familiarize with the school at the moment (July to be exact). I still have a lot of question about the school facilities. I went to interview at Temple and PCOM and I was really impressed by their History and physical (H&P) lab or simulation centers with robotic mannequin and different medical equipment/devices. On the student info, I do see that Arcadia have Standardized Patient (SP) where it stated that there will be actor/actress that help us learn about certain situations etc. I wonder if Arcadia would have something similar to other school beside SP such as H&P lab, Simulation center, robotic mannequin and other surgical/medical procedural equipment to aid in learning and practicing skills?

Thank you in advance! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FuturePA1820 said:

I recently was taken off the active list at the DE campus. Does anyone know when the first deposit of $500 is due by? In the email it states that both deposits are due by 1/15/2020 but I'm not sure if the deposit of $500 needs to be submitted within the 14 day period to complete the admissions reply form or not. Thanks in advance.

Congrats on making it off the waitlist! When did you find out? I too am on the waitlist. 

5 minutes ago, ccallen5 said:

Congrats on making it off the waitlist! When did you find out? I too am on the waitlist. 

I spoke with a current student, who was also on the waitlist, and he said they start taking people from the waitlist after interviews are finished. My guess is they just started. (I was also waitlisted)

Edited by druck27

14 hours ago, ccallen5 said:

I received an email on 11/22/19 to notify me I was taken off of the waitlist. I know that when I interviewed on 10/30/19, I got contact info of 3 other applicants and all of us were waitlisted at that time so I figured our interview group was mostly for backup in case accepted students declined their offers. I applied pretty late for their application cycle and was surprised to get an interview in the first place. Do they instead wait to offer acceptances until they've conducted all interviews?

Also in case others were wondering, both deposits (the 1st of $500 and the 2nd of $1000) are due by the 1/15/20 deadline instead of the initial deposit being due by the two week deadline to complete the admissions reply form.