2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, ccallen5 said:

Hello! I was wondering if you might be able to share what the interview process was like? Also, what does a typical week of classes the first year look like?

Thanks so much!

Sure! My experience when I interviewed was that the professors were really trying to get a feel for who you are as a person, they aren't trying trick you. I really can't stress enough just be yourself - they invited you for an interview because they want to get to know more about you. The whole process was very relaxed. 

Right now we're about 2/3 of the way through our first semester (time has FLOWN). The first 1-2 weeks are a little slower with classes; I think they did a good job of easing us into the curriculum. While class attendance IS mandatory, some classes during the week are either modules or assignments to complete or recorded ahead of time so that all of your time isn't spent in class watching lectures. I've been told the fall is heavier with in-class work, but for now the balance is great. 

One more thing I will say - while you will have to change your study habits (they're not kidding about it being like finals week every week), the material and concepts themselves aren't difficult. You will adjust and get through it.

Best of luck!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, krsnkm said:

Hey congrats! I have an interview as well for glenside on 8/6. Any tips for the interview? anything would be helpful 🙂 Thank you

Congratulations on getting an interview! I'm also a current 1st year student at Glenside, and I agree with @sjleach. The interview was one of my more relaxed interviews and conversational. The professors (I had two) who interviewed me built their questions based off my responses, such as further inquiring about my experiences abroad and casually asking what I thought about European healthcare versus US healthcare, as well as what I like to do. I would also be confident in your answer about why you like Arcadia.  To add, I recommend asking your interviewers about their experiences, and what they like about teaching, working in their particular field, etc., because then you are able to relax more and hear some interesting stories. Happy to answer any more questions! 

Edited by aka94
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Alenanicole7489 said:

Hi everyone! I have an interview at the Glenside campus on Tuesday! I was just wondering if it is typical that applicants bring a family member with them? I know they won’t come into the interview, but how about for the rest of the day? Does anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance. 

Hi! Based on previous experience, typically applicants do not bring their family members, as you have to sit for the initial overview session, prior to interviewing, as well as Arcadia has some current students come and speak while all the applicants alternate doing interviews. However, for the tour at the end, they're more than welcome to join!

On 7/19/2019 at 11:04 PM, paschoolapplicant21 said:

Oh my...I see the Nittany Lion in your pic....are you one of the last three? If so...I got in too!

Congrats! I am interviewing at the Christiana campus tomorrow. Any tips for the interview? Also, how did you like the school and surrounding area?

4 minutes ago, Kate95 said:

Interviewing tomorrow at Christiania too! So excited to meet you all 🙂 I did have one question, did we just need to e-mail our photo or actually print it out and bring it in too as first asked? 

I think just email, at least I hope that's the case! I'm interviewing at Christiana in the morning as well. See you there!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammm said:

I also received a spot on the waitlist for the Christiana campus. From what I understand they pull a lot of people off that list, so I’m still keeping my fingers crossed! 

Yeah, that's the impression I was getting, especially with how many current students were saying they were initially waitlisted.

• Like 1

Just now, jnypny said:

Sorry if this is a naive question -- but for those who were admitted right after interviewing, when do you have to tell them yes or no?  

I believe it's about a 2 week deadline. I interviewed 7/18 and received my acceptance 7/19. The email said I had to respond/submit my 1st deposit by 8/2 to secure my seat. I have to submit my 2nd deposit by 10/25 to keep holding my seat. Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1