North Greenville University- 2019/2020 cycle

On 5/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, Sheilassss said:

When do they normally send out emails for interviews?

Last year's thread made it sound like they were pretty quick to send out some invites. But obviously only some of the folks who got invites posted on this forum, so it's hard to know specifics.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, Letsdothis said:

Thank you. I'm interviewing June 7. No they gave the one option. Really excited about this program!

Hey, I am interviewing on June 7th as well. The interview style seems interesting, looks like it will be a bunch of short interview stations with an essay portion too. I am curious to see if there will be a tour at any point. 

Their PANCE pass rate for 2018 was 100% so that made me feel better and believe that the program is taught well. From what I understand, the accreditation status is important, but provisional just means its a new program. This website explains it more in-depth, it helped me understand more about it. https://beaphysicianassistant.com/blog/how-to-factor-accreditation-status-into-pa-program-choice

Edited by Riversong328

Hello everyone,

I recently interviewed on June 7th and am here to give you some insight into the program and interview process. Firstly, I was extremely impressed by the program. The faculty seem endearing and motivated, and the small class size coupled with the state of the art facilities exclusively for the PA students is highly desirable. Additionally, the current students were very pleasant, intelligent, and motivated.

The interview was extremely relaxed in my opinion. It is based on MMI interviewing but not as "shotgun" styled as I imagined. You will have 4 group interviews with 1-2 other students and 2-3 faculty per interview room, an essay, and a "critical thinking" activity, as well as tours of the facilities. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. 42 minutes after the interview I received a phone call in which I was offered a seat in the program.

My best advice I can give is to be yourself: There are no right answers. if you piggy back on your prospective classmates answers because they, "sound good" they will recognize that and it may negatively impact your scoring. Be unique, and be yourself. To prepare, I'd recommend reflecting on why you want to be a PA, what makes you unique and sets you apart from other prospective PA students, and why you want to attend NGU. Additionally, brainstorm on some other goals you have in your life outside of your career. The admissions team want to get to know you as a person. They already have your academic records, but don't know much about your personality so this is your chance to show them. Good luck to you all!

Edited by RC1010
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1