Application cycle 2019-2020

On 1/6/2020 at 11:09 AM, MItvs18 said:

You will have a writing portion, group exercise and then a one on two interview. It’s very laid back and they do a wonderful job! Just be yourself and have fun with the day! Good luck and if you decide to go to Jax, then I look forward to meeting you! I had my interview back in Oct and decided on Jax over Ft Myers as I was accepted at both. 

Hi! What made you choose Jax over Ft Myers??

4 hours ago, ayfl311 said:

Hi! What made you choose Jax over Ft Myers??

The faculty and students at Jax made me feel like I was already one of them and were incredibly welcoming. Being from Michigan and about to move 1200 miles away it is very important to me to find a school where I felt at home, and would support me in and out of school! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MItvs18 said:

The faculty and students at Jax made me feel like I was already one of them and were incredibly welcoming. Being from Michigan and about to move 1200 miles away it is very important to me to find a school where I felt at home, and would support me in and out of school! 

I second this^^ I interviewed at both and I like Jax best. The people there really made the difference for me. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 1:27 PM, expo34 said:

Closer to the beginning of the term, there is usually an event held to help us find housing, including special NSU discounts. And a Facebook will be started by Kandee for you all to find roommates. A lot of us live in the Southside area or near the town center because it’s very close to school. Generally a safe area! Hope this helps. 

Do you have any thoughts or opinions about Portiva apartments? To me it seems like the closest (other than Coventry) and most “luxurious” spot in the immediate surrounding area around the school. TIA! 🙂

Several of my classmates live there and they love it! Really can’t go wrong with many of the apartments in Southside and town center. I will say...the arium properties never seemed very clean to me and I have a few classmates who lived there and didn’t enjoy it. They are more affordable, but I’d rather pay more and feel like my apartment is clean...just my opinion though! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, mcglincn said:

Has anyone received a very last minute to interview? from my understanding orientation is May 11.. are the program seats not filled? very curious as to how and why this late im being offered an interview.. Thanks!

Did they just call you? I’m surprised they’re still offering interviews! 

14 hours ago, mcglincn said:

Has anyone received a very last minute to interview? from my understanding orientation is May 11.. are the program seats not filled? very curious as to how and why this late im being offered an interview.. Thanks!

If they have a spot open up, they’ll call the next person in line even if it’s the weekend before orientation. They want to fill the cohort with 60 students. All schools do it. Cohorts before me had students that got called the Friday before orientation and they were driving cross country the next day just to make it in time. 

• 2 weeks later...