Application cycle 2019-2020

On 11/3/2019 at 6:08 PM, M1ke10191 said:

I graduated from here this year so if anyone has any questions, let me know.

I’ve been accepted here and am still deciding between a couple of schools. What made you choose this program and do you feel prepared to be a provider based on your experience here? Are you happy you chose it? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, sml15c said:

Congrats!! Do you mind staring your stats? 

Sure, gpa 3.7, science gpa 3.4, 500 hours patient care as dental assistant . 140 Hours shadowing PA’s, about 100 healthcare hours between dental volunteering and volunteering at free clinic . GRE wasn’t good I got a 293, bombed the quantitative but did good in the rest . strong letters of recommendation from two pa’s , and a dentist . I’m not the perfect candidate but Managed to get two interviews before this and waitlisted on one of the schools. Hoping for the best . 

12 minutes ago, VIM2792 said:

Sure, gpa 3.7, science gpa 3.4, 500 hours patient care as dental assistant . 140 Hours shadowing PA’s, about 100 healthcare hours between dental volunteering and volunteering at free clinic . GRE wasn’t good I got a 293, bombed the quantitative but did good in the rest . strong letters of recommendation from two pa’s , and a dentist . I’m not the perfect candidate but Managed to get two interviews before this and waitlisted on one of the schools. Hoping for the best . 

Thanks for the insight, wishing you the best!

19 minutes ago, Nktrio11 said:

Does anyone know if they will be sending out any more interview invites? This is my top choice school and I still have not heard anything. 

I have a friend who is a 1st year at nova Orlando and she didn’t get an interview invite until March. From what people have posted it seems like they’re only in like August if applications but I could be wrong. Hope that helps! 

2 hours ago, MicheFL25 said:

Good morning,

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and best of luck to everyone waiting.

I was wondering if anyone has started looking at apartment complexes. I’m not from Jacksonville and would like to start weeding through the options.

Excited to meet everyone!!

Closer to the beginning of the term, there is usually an event held to help us find housing, including special NSU discounts. And a Facebook will be started by Kandee for you all to find roommates. A lot of us live in the Southside area or near the town center because it’s very close to school. Generally a safe area! Hope this helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, VIM2792 said:

My interview is coming up this week and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on the layout of the interview . I interviewed at nova ft.laud and we had a group exercise , panel interview and tour. Is it the same for Jacksonville? 

You will have a writing portion, group exercise and then a one on two interview. It’s very laid back and they do a wonderful job! Just be yourself and have fun with the day! Good luck and if you decide to go to Jax, then I look forward to meeting you! I had my interview back in Oct and decided on Jax over Ft Myers as I was accepted at both. 

Edited by MItvs18

You will have a writing portion, group exercise and then a one on two interview. It’s very laid back and they do a wonderful job! Just be yourself and have fun with the day! Good luck and if you decide to go to Jax, then I look forward to meeting you! I had my interview back in Oct and decided on Jax over Ft Myers as I was accepted at both. 

Great ! Thank you for responding ! What would you suggest for someone who has a low GRE score and a noticeable struggle in math over the years ? basically my math has struggled in the past and I redeemed myself this past spring by retaking college algebra and getting an A as well as getting all good grades in chemistry etc. But afterwards I took my GRE in June and my quantitative portion still struggled and that was my second attempt at the GRE. Nova Jax had me write a statement attached to my application explaining my struggles and why I thought I would still make a good candidate . luckily I received an interview but am now worried on how to address this struggle/situation without sounding like I didn’t try my absolute hardest . I hope that in my interview we don’t focus solely on my GRE scores and math but unfortunately in my last nova interview that was literally all the interviewers discussed . Any incite would be greatly appreciated .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all! I was accepted into Nova JAX back in November and officially chose to go here 🙂

I know there will be a FB group created around Feb 15, but I’m super eager to nab a 2-bed room at the Coventry apartments because it’s so close to campus. If you’ve also made your decision and looking for a roommate here, please reach out! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 11:30 AM, DBay23 said:

Hey all! I was accepted into Nova JAX back in November and officially chose to go here 🙂

I know there will be a FB group created around Feb 15, but I’m super eager to nab a 2-bed room at the Coventry apartments because it’s so close to campus. If you’ve also made your decision and looking for a roommate here, please reach out! 

Following! Just accepted my offer for Jax!

Hey all! I had my interview last week and am still waiting for a response. I am out of town until Monday and missed a call from them this morning and also received an email stating to call them for an update to my status. For those of you accepted, did you receive an email explicitly stating you were accepted, or did they call and tell you directly over the phone? I remember the admissions counselor saying you only receive an email if you were accepted and alternates/denials get letters only and no email so I’m not sure if the email is good or bad news because it provided no information. Thanks for your help!! 

2 hours ago, NicoleB17 said:

Hey all! I had my interview last week and am still waiting for a response. I am out of town until Monday and missed a call from them this morning and also received an email stating to call them for an update to my status. For those of you accepted, did you receive an email explicitly stating you were accepted, or did they call and tell you directly over the phone? I remember the admissions counselor saying you only receive an email if you were accepted and alternates/denials get letters only and no email so I’m not sure if the email is good or bad news because it provided no information. Thanks for your help!! 

They called and told me directly over the phone. If you were being denied you won’t hear anything except for a letter, so a phone call most likely means great news !