Rosalind Franklin PA 2019-2020 Cycle

On 8/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, farberc said:

Hi guys! I have an interview for this Friday (aug 23) and would love to grab breakfast before with anyone interested to break some nerves and get to know people! If anyone is interested just message me. Good luck to everyone!

Hi! Do you mind me asking when you got the email for that slot?

On 8/19/2019 at 5:37 PM, farberc said:

Hi guys! I have an interview for this Friday (aug 23) and would love to grab breakfast before with anyone interested to break some nerves and get to know people! If anyone is interested just message me. Good luck to everyone!

I’ll most likely just eat breakfast at my hotel and grab something small before because they don’t serve us lunch, but I’ll see you there!!

Hello! I need some advice, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I’m debating about sending my application for this school but since it is rolling admissions, am I already too late to receive an interview invite or acceptance should i apply and meet the criteria? Or will I still have a decent chance applying this late in the cycle? 

Here are my stats: Biology Major with minors in Psych and Chem, cGPA 3.7 sGPA 3.6 , 3 honor societies, academic excellence award, about 400 hours HCE as a one to one in an emergency dept, 1500+ hours as an EMT, GRE 304 (_ _).。o

thanks so much! 

6 minutes ago, Maylily7 said:

Hello! I need some advice, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I’m debating about sending my application for this school but since it is rolling admissions, am I already too late to receive an interview invite or acceptance should i apply and meet the criteria? Or will I still have a decent chance applying this late in the cycle? 

Here are my stats: Biology Major with minors in Psych and Chem, cGPA 3.7 sGPA 3.6 , 3 honor societies, academic excellence award, about 400 hours HCE as a one to one in an emergency dept, 1500+ hours as an EMT, GRE 304 (_ _).。o

thanks so much! 

Hey, I think you have great stats 🙂

they told us at the interview that they are doing one a month until January. I think you still have a shot if you apply, it’s not too late IMO

18 minutes ago, Maylily7 said:

thanks so much! 

I feel like it can go either way, depending on how many seats are already filled, etc. But who knows. I think it may be worth applying because your stats are really good. You may have a shot! 🙂

Hey everyone! I would appreciate any input. Do you guys think with my stats it may be too late to apply to this program since it is rolling admissions? 

Cumulative GPA is 3.44, Science GPA is 3.43. I have 4000 PCE hours combined as a physical therapy aide and medical scribe, 299 GRE, and am missing one prerequisite course.

Thanks in advance!!

Congratulations to all those who have been accepted!

And to those who are waiting to hear back, or have received rejections, I wanted to share the link to an upcoming event on 9/28/19. Rosalind Franklin will be one of the PA programs in attendance (among a few other local programs). 

This event is a GREAT way for you to get your questions answered, or find out how you can improve your application for future cycles. 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/thepac-takes-detroit-tickets-70091765357

Best of luck to everyone:)

I received my acceptance about a half an hour ago! 

Stats:

3.99 GPA (Bio major, Chem minor)

326 GRE, 6.0 writing

1200 hours as an oncology/urology CNA at the time of application

2000+ hours in professional  & academic research (organic chemistry, chemo drug design, fetal development, various random projects)

50 hours shadowing (IM, ED, transplant surg, general surg, IR)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1