Rosalind Franklin PA 2019-2020 Cycle

15 hours ago, niksee said:

i'm sorry to hear about your news today. would you mind sharing your stats though? i have the exact same timeline, but have not heard anything back from them yet. i'm still anxiously waiting.. 😬

I'm 27 yo and graudted with a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders in 2014 for reference. 
Quant:152
Verbal: 156
Writing:3.0 
(Took this back in Nov 2011 btw but I was still able to send my scores -could be the reason why they rejected me who knows?)

Cum Bacc: 3.6
Cum Post bac: 3.9
Cum gpa: 3.69
Cum science:3.72

PCE: 520hrs (Pediatric MA -current job)
1748hrs( ER Medical scribe - did more than documentation which is why I counted towards PCE)
50hrs(Student clinican - wasnt sure whether to count this as HCE or PCE since I was in undergrad but I figured schools can adjust as they see fit)
HCE: 56 hrs- scribe for vascular surgeon 
4140 hr -worked as a registrar
Shadowing: 38 hrs derm&er pa's
Teaching :22hrs student teaching
Volunteer: 70 hrs as a reading tutor
Lemme know if you wanna know anything else

1 hour ago, PrePaChrisie said:

I'm 27 yo and graudted with a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders in 2014 for reference. 
Quant:152
Verbal: 156
Writing:3.0 
(Took this back in Nov 2011 btw but I was still able to send my scores -could be the reason why they rejected me who knows?)

Cum Bacc: 3.6
Cum Post bac: 3.9
Cum gpa: 3.69
Cum science:3.72

PCE: 520hrs (Pediatric MA -current job)
1748hrs( ER Medical scribe - did more than documentation which is why I counted towards PCE)
50hrs(Student clinican - wasnt sure whether to count this as HCE or PCE since I was in undergrad but I figured schools can adjust as they see fit)
HCE: 56 hrs- scribe for vascular surgeon 
4140 hr -worked as a registrar
Shadowing: 38 hrs derm&er pa's
Teaching :22hrs student teaching
Volunteer: 70 hrs as a reading tutor
Lemme know if you wanna know anything else

I'm not sure if the GRE is why they rejected you, but typically schools want your GRE score to be within 5 years!

Small miracle but I also got an invite Thursday night - August and September dates booked so I am set for October 18. Does anyone know if October 18th is the last interview date? Does anyone know if this puts us at a disadvantage in terms of being offered a spot (i.e. there won’t be many openings by then?!) 

• Like 1

Guest thePAway
1 hour ago, JSandstrom said:

Small miracle but I also got an invite Thursday night - August and September dates booked so I am set for October 18. Does anyone know if October 18th is the last interview date? Does anyone know if this puts us at a disadvantage in terms of being offered a spot (i.e. there won’t be many openings by then?!) 

At an open house they did say earlier interviews have a better shot because by later dates they would’ve already sent out a fair amount of acceptances but their application deadline isn’t until December and their website says they interview July-January so I’m sure there will be more slots after us!

10 minutes ago, bnthompson said:

I'm glad to hear they're still interviewing! I'm submitting my app this week and was wondering if I was going to be too late...

I submitted my app this past Saturday!  since the deadline is Dec 1 I think we should be okay since they are still offering interviews

• Like 1

I submitted in early June and received a email stating my application would be reviewed in 2-8 weeks. It’s been 10 weeks and I haven’t heard anything. I know some were talking about this a few weeks back. Anyone else STILL waiting to hear back?

Edited by lelsess3

Guest jon1228
17 hours ago, lelsess3 said:

I submitted in early June and received a email stating my application would be reviewed in 2-8 weeks. It’s been 10 weeks and I haven’t heard anything. I know some were talking about this a few weeks back. Anyone else STILL waiting to hear back?

I am nearly right there with you, my application was complete about 9 weeks ago! 

18 hours ago, lelsess3 said:

Hi! I emailed the program about this because I have also been waiting for a significant amount of time (submitted CASPA June 10, confirmation June 19). The person who emailed me back confirmed that my application was "still under review" and that I should hear back within the next "1 to 2 weeks". He also said if I do not hear back in the timeframe he mentioned to reach out to the program again, so I guess we'll see what happens!

They also said it is normal to wait multiple months for an update due to the volume of applicants.

Edited by thisishard
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4