Rosalind Franklin PA 2019-2020 Cycle

18 hours ago, futurePA1093 said:

Hello everyone:

By the dates on these threads, I figured out I am kinda late in the application process. I have not submitted my CASPA app nor have I taken the GRE yet. All this is new to me and I am learning as I go. I have GRE scheduled for next month. What do you guys think about applying at this time? or should I wait for the next period round.  I would appreciate any help. Thanks and good luck to y'all. 

Honestly, I think waiting for the next application cycle might be in your best interest, as most schools have their deadlines coming up in early September. Unless your stats are amazing I would definitely wait! Waiting another year only gives you the opportunity to improve your overall application with additional PCE and maybe more classes to boost your GPA (if you need it). Plus you would be saving money in the unfortunate scenario that you apply to late this time around and have to end up reapplying next cycle. Better be safe than sorry!

On 7/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, futurePA1093 said:

Hello everyone:

By the dates on these threads, I figured out I am kinda late in the application process. I have not submitted my CASPA app nor have I taken the GRE yet. All this is new to me and I am learning as I go. I have GRE scheduled for next month. What do you guys think about applying at this time? or should I wait for the next period round.  I would appreciate any help. Thanks and good luck to y'all. 

If it makes you feel better, I didn't submit until July 4 and was offered an interview yesterday. When is your GRE scheduled and would you be able to submit soon after completing it? It takes a couple weeks after taking the GRE to get scores back. Since they have already been interviewing I'm sure the class is already filling up, but my interview isn't until late October. I think you could still potentially get an interview but the odds aren't in your favor. 

On 7/28/2019 at 4:41 PM, Road2PA said:

Hi,

I think it depends on when you plan on retaking your gre. Although they're rolling admissions, you don't want to submit your scores too late (they've already sent out plenty of interview invites for July and August). Also, my gre score wasn't spectacular but I was able to interview. So I'd say it depends on your application as a whole as well (gpa, patient experience hours, extracurriculars, etc); that'll help balance the lower score...in my opinion. 

I hope this helps! 🙂

Do you mind sharing your GRE score?  I got a 294 and and was quite bummed coz my GPA is a 2.9. I applied on july 12th but becuase I am still waiting on GRE scores to be completed on the portal this week Its a waiting game.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rodinca said:

Do you mind sharing your GRE score?  I got a 294 and and was quite bummed coz my GPA is a 2.9. I applied on july 12th but becuase I am still waiting on GRE scores to be completed on the portal this week Its a waiting game.

Hi, 

My GRE total was a 303 😣 with a 4.5 in writing. 

15 minutes ago, jshatz29 said:

Is there a FB page for accepted students yet? 

I'm not sure. I was wondering the same thing though. If I find out, I'll let everyone know.

2 hours ago, makmason said:

I just received my acceptance from the 7/19 interview!! Good luck to everyone! 

Same here! Congrats!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thisishard said:

Congrats!!! Would you mind sharing your stats? 🙂

Sure thing! Overall GPA 3.84, science GPA 3.76, GRE 308, majors were kinesiology and pre-pa, licensed as both an EMT and CNA, about 2,500 patient care hours! Let me know if you want to know anything else! 

Edited by makmason
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, PrePaChrisie said:

Just received my first rejection from this school today! I shouldnt be this happy but I guess I'm just happy to start hearing back. Lol 😬 Good luck to everyone. And congrats on those that received acceptances/interviews 🙂

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that 😞 if you don't mind me asking, when do you apply and get a confirmation from them?

1 hour ago, EashleighPAtobe said:

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that 😞 if you don't mind me asking, when do you apply and get a confirmation from them?

- Submitted my app on Caspa July 10th

- Rosalind Franklin acknowledged receipt of my application July 13th

- Granted access to pay supplemental fee July 13th

- Application deemed complete July 19th

- Rejection on August 8th. 

That's the timeline.

1 hour ago, PrePaChrisie said:

- Submitted my app on Caspa July 10th

- Rosalind Franklin acknowledged receipt of my application July 13th

- Granted access to pay supplemental fee July 13th

- Application deemed complete July 19th

- Rejection on August 8th. 

That's the timeline.

i'm sorry to hear about your news today. would you mind sharing your stats though? i have the exact same timeline, but have not heard anything back from them yet. i'm still anxiously waiting.. 😬