Rosalind Franklin PA 2019-2020 Cycle

Just now, makmason said:

Hi everyone! I interview this Friday at RFU and I am coming into town Thursday night! Since I'm coming alone I'm going to be pretty bored, so if anyone else is in the same boat and wants to meet up for dinner on Thursday or breakfast on Friday let me know! 

Hey @makmason! I’m in the same boat! We should definitely meet up before the interview!!

13 hours ago, Trey082 said:

Submitted CASPA on 5/13, was verified ~2 days later, and received an interview invite on 6/7. 

I'll be there this weekend (7/19) for the first interview group-- anyone else? I'm nervous, but pretty excited to see what RFU has to offer!

I'll be there this Friday too! Nerve wracking but exciting! Lol. 

Best wishes!

16 minutes ago, makmason said:

Hi everyone! I interview this Friday at RFU and I am coming into town Thursday night! Since I'm coming alone I'm going to be pretty bored, so if anyone else is in the same boat and wants to meet up for dinner on Thursday or breakfast on Friday let me know! 

Hey. I interview this Friday as well. I will be a bit busy on Thursday. But if anything changes, I wouldn't mind meeting for dinner.

29 minutes ago, CharlotteF said:

What does "continued consideration" about an application mean? Is that equivalent to an interview waitlist?

Sort of it means they have reviewed your app an they aren’t sure what they want to do yet. So instead of just rejecting you they keep your app and see if you’ll be a good fit later on in the cycle. It’s better than getting rejected that means your application has potential!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, thisishard said:

Hey guys! Has anyone else not heard back yet? I received the confirmation email from them on 6/18 and an email saying my file was ready for review on 6/19. I saw some of you received interviews/rejections already so I'm wondering if no news is good news? 😕 

I have also not heard back yet. Was confirmed 6/27! Fingers crossed 

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice for my application this round. I have already submitted my application to RFU, which has been received and verified by CASPA. I am hesitant on submitting my GRE scores because I do believe I scored on the lower side and am contemplating retaking the test. I scored above 300 but not by much. Do you guys think I should submit my score as is because they are rolling admissions or wait to send in the new GRE score if I decide to retake it? Any advice helps!! Thanks in advance 🙂

On 7/26/2019 at 3:36 PM, minh75 said:

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice for my application this round. I have already submitted my application to RFU, which has been received and verified by CASPA. I am hesitant on submitting my GRE scores because I do believe I scored on the lower side and am contemplating retaking the test. I scored above 300 but not by much. Do you guys think I should submit my score as is because they are rolling admissions or wait to send in the new GRE score if I decide to retake it? Any advice helps!! Thanks in advance 🙂

Hi,

I think it depends on when you plan on retaking your gre. Although they're rolling admissions, you don't want to submit your scores too late (they've already sent out plenty of interview invites for July and August). Also, my gre score wasn't spectacular but I was able to interview. So I'd say it depends on your application as a whole as well (gpa, patient experience hours, extracurriculars, etc); that'll help balance the lower score...in my opinion. 

I hope this helps! 🙂

On 5/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, aa1114 said:

Hi everyone! I noticed there wasn’t a forum for this cycle. Let’s use this to discuss any questions or comments we might have.  Best of luck everyone!

Hello everyone:

By the dates on these threads, I figured out I am kinda late in the application process. I have not submitted my CASPA app nor have I taken the GRE yet. All this is new to me and I am learning as I go. I have GRE scheduled for next month. What do you guys think about applying at this time? or should I wait for the next period round.  I would appreciate any help. Thanks and good luck to y'all.