2019-2020

No one knows. You're receiving moderately-educated guesses at best, and wild shots in the dark from internet strangers at worst. Even an adcom member can't give you a 100% reliable "chance" because each school is different. Your experiences, personal statement, school list, timing, and "fit" all play a role. Even then, adcoms make surprising decisions. It's not uncommon to be accepted to reach programs and rejected from "safety" schools. Instead of risking false confidence or misplaced defeat, ask yourself these questions instead: Are my GPAs, both science and cumulative, competitive compared to this school's accepted student profile? If not, is the reason compellingly discussed in my personal statement? Does my transcript show that I have grasped the fundamental knowledge to succeed with intense, graduate-level medical science coursework? If there are weak areas of knowledge on my transcript, have I put in the work to turn those weaknesses into strengths? Do I meet all the prerequisite requirements for each school on my list? If I have a questionable course, have I asked for clarification from the schools that require it? Is my PCE (hours and type) competitive compared to this school's accepted student profiles? If my GPAs are below the accepted average, does my PCE surpass the average? If my PCE is below the accepted average, does my GPA surpass it? Have I spent time making sure my experience descriptions are comprehensive and accurately convey what I've learned? Have I scored at least 300 on the GRE (if I'm choosing to take it)? Do my other activities show deeper layers of my personality and interests? Have I taken on increasing responsibility as I've grown? If I've stated an interest in a specific area (for example, underserved or rural care), do my experiences show my passion for that area is genuine? Have at least three people agreed to write me an excellent letter? Do my references meet each school's requirements? Does my personal narrative have an introduction that grabs the reader's interest? Do I "show" the qualities that will make me an outstanding PA, instead of just listing them? Do I show understanding of a PA's role? Does the conclusion convince the reader I'm ready for PA school? Have others read and enjoyed my narrative? Is it grammatically flawless? Do I have an overarching passion or theme that ties my application together? Are my future goals guided by my experiences? Am I a good "fit" at each school on my list? If an interviewer asks me why I applied to each school, what will I say? Do I have a game plan for applying? Have I set myself up for success by planning to apply early? Have I thought beyond the finish line of getting a seat to the logistics, pressures, and potential loneliness of devoting the next 2-3 years to school? Am I in a financial position to fund CASPA costs, interview expenses, seat deposits, and relocation expenses? Am I in a financial position to afford PA school? How is my credit score? Do I have significant undergrad loans, car payments, mortgage payments, or other financial constraints? Does my family truly understand the time investment of PA school? Will my partner move with me if I relocate, or will we have a long-distance relationship? Are we both on the same page about these plans? Can I confidently say I'm ready, not just for PA school, but for life as a PA? Gratuitous link to my blog: https://emttopac.wordpress.com”@nichole96 she’s in this forum somewhere got into some of the top schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SarahRNav said:

Has anyone applied late August and still waiting to hear back?

I applied in June and still haven't heard anything.

49 minutes ago, Britt069 said:

Does anyone know if they send out emails of application status or do silent rejections?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I applied here last year as well and got a rejection notice in May.