57 minutes ago, FuturePA55 said:

Were there any red flags for you guys from Duke that caused you to choose another program? 

No red flags! Similar to what lnicolem was saying- Duke is an impressive program, and I felt confident I would have gotten trained well there (it was actually my second choice). The program I chose has a few curriculum differences that I felt aligned better with my goals. I also felt that interview-day "click" a little stronger there as well! Message me if you have any other questions! I'd be happy to help with wherever you may be in the application process. 

Just got my auto-reject. This is my second year applying. Not a huge disappointment - 3 interviews and 2 acceptances so far this cycle. I'm crazy happy for those of you who got in!

Did anyone catch when exactly they would be notifying us of our rank within the wait-list? I know it was supposed to be some time following the end of interviews. 

2 hours ago, Laudan said:

Did anyone catch when exactly they would be notifying us of our rank within the wait-list? I know it was supposed to be some time following the end of interviews. 

I believe they said they would contact us with our position by March 1st? It may have been February 1st but I’m pretty sure March 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bbreede1 said:

I believe they said they would contact us with our position by March 1st? It may have been February 1st but I’m pretty sure March 

Aw man, I was hoping it would be earlier this year since they're finishing interviews earlier. Oh well, thank you for the info!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sjboyce95 said:

Aw man, I was hoping it would be earlier this year since they're finishing interviews earlier. Oh well, thank you for the info!

Definitely March 1st they will release rankings. They said no sooner because the waitlist is very fluid until then. 

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, cotab said:

Definitely March 1st they will release rankings. They said no sooner because the waitlist is very fluid until then. 

@sjboyce95 I recall them saying January was when they were going to send out rankings

• Like 1

Is there anyone who was initially waitlisted and got accepted already? I checked last year's duke forum and there was someone who interviewed Oct 2, got waitlisted on Oct 11, and got accepted on Oct 18. I wonder when the waitlist ranking position emails will go out...trying to patiently wait

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, szkpa2019 said:

Is there anyone who was initially waitlisted and got accepted already? I checked last year's duke forum and there was someone who interviewed Oct 2, got waitlisted on Oct 11, and got accepted on Oct 18. I wonder when the waitlist ranking position emails will go out...trying to patiently wait

I interviewed 11/6 and they said rankings will go out March 1. Until then the waitlist is “fluid”

Edited by Kc2020
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Possle said:

I know, but hang in there. Keep yourself busy while waiting.

Easier said than done when your patients no-show. Lol... it doesnt help i am 2 hours behind the east coast 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, lilchalk37 said:

Anybody else annoyingly refreshing their phone every 5 seconds?

Me, me, me. Lol Think decisions from the 4th will post today?

Edited by Happyyy
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Happyyy said:

Me, me, me. Lol Think decisions from the 4th will post today?

I want to say yes because the previous interview dates had their acceptances, waitlists, and rejections sent on the Tuesday after, but that could change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Possle said:

Wow. I received acceptance email 20 minutes ago! Three years of applying... Finally!

Ahh yayy!! So deserving, congrats!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Happyyy said:

Ok i’m scared now. I interviewed the 4th and haven’t heard anything 

I interviewed the 5th and am in the same boat. I know the feeling.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Happyyy said:

Ok i’m scared now. I interviewed the 4th and haven’t heard anything 

They'll probably finish sending out decisions tomorrow! It was a holiday on Monday; maybe they didn't get through everything they usually do because of it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjboyce95 said:

They'll probably finish sending out decisions tomorrow! It was a holiday on Monday; maybe they didn't get through everything they usually do because of it?

They didn't have off yesterday. Asked a 2nd year.