2019-2020 Cycle

I got my rejection email, applied early aug. Does anyone know how helpful admissions is regarding asking for additional specific information about the rejection? Is it appropriate to follow up and see if they'll tell you what would make you more competitive, or why they didn't select you?  Thanks!!

17 hours ago, Marlena said:

I got my rejection email, applied early aug. Does anyone know how helpful admissions is regarding asking for additional specific information about the rejection? Is it appropriate to follow up and see if they'll tell you what would make you more competitive, or why they didn't select you?  Thanks!!

I was told they will give you feedback specifically why you weren't selected. So definitely send an email.  The admissions team requests to wait into November to ask so they aren't bombarded with emails.  

Edited by bbenalcazar

3 hours ago, quirkyPA530 said:

Hey guys! Can’t wait to meet everyone! Does anyone happen to have a current student’s number/contact? I just have a couple questions about student life, I feel like I know the program really well but want to learn more about what it’s like living in Denver!

Hey, I don't have any contacts with current students, but I live in Colorado and you can message me if you have some questions about living in Denver, I will be happy to help 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lbro0001 said:

For people who interviewed, when did Kay say we should know our status by? I thought she said the end of October but I still have not received a letter or phone call. I’m wondering if I should email her or just keep waiting

I emailed her early this week and she said that we would hear back next week at the latest.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 11:45 AM, lbro0001 said:

For people who interviewed, when did Kay say we should know our status by? I thought she said the end of October but I still have not received a letter or phone call. I’m wondering if I should email her or just keep waiting

I interviewed on 10/1 and received an email on 10/30 stating that I was not selected, but was offered a position on the waitlist! 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, quirkyPA530 said:

Does anyone remember from the information session if Colorado allows external clinical rotations? (for ex if you're from another state and want to do a rotation there) Thanks!

The clinical team does allow it. However, this requires a contract negotiation form for that specific provider/site. It is not impossible but does take more leg work on your part.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...