On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:00 PM, BarryO said:

Interviewed on Thursday morning and received my acceptance call the following evening! So excited to start at Augsburg in May!!! Does anyone know if there is/will be a Facebook page for the upcoming class? 

I can make one if one hasn't already been made!

• Like 2

Congratulations  everyone who are accepted!

Anybody know about second interview session. I called them last week, they said they still reviewing the application for another interview session. Anybody who have information about this. If they already selected waiting list students, it means there is no any spot ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HelaAspiringPA said:

Congratulations  everyone who are accepted!

Anybody know about second interview session. I called them last week, they said they still reviewing the application for another interview session. Anybody who have information about this. If they already selected waiting list students, it means there is no any spot ? 

I’m starting to think maybe there aren’t any spots left if they’re all being placed on waiting list. But let’s remain hopeful!!

This is not necessarily true. Programs normally waitlist students before the class is even full, especially if they are programs that are not in rolling admissions, like Augsburg. That usually allows for them to continue to interview candidates in multiple interview sessions while maintaining open seats in the class. The programs are constantly shuffling people on and off of the waitlist. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, LRitchS said:

Hi, I can't wait to see you all in class next year! I've searched for groups on fb and found only the official Augsburg University PA group. I'd say just go ahead and create one for our class of 2022? I will happily join!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, olipajoli said:

Got an invite today to interview on October 25th! Hope to see some of you there!

1 hour ago, ryannie said:

Also got an interview for 10/25!

1 hour ago, TaylorRose said:

I also received an invite for October 25th! 

When were your applications verified? 

1 minute ago, lharper406 said:

CASPA verified May 20.

Augsburg verified July 30. 

1 hour ago, lharper406 said:

Caspa was verified 5/23

Augsburg app was verified 7/11

Edited by TaylorRose

I also got an interview invite for 10/25!! I am in complete shock, I was not expecting to hear from this program! I'm so excited!

I believe I was Caspa verified the end of June and Augsburg app verified on 7/11 

• Like 1

I also received an invitation to interview for the 25th. I sent my RSVP but have not received anymore information. Has anyone who received an invite received any thing else after the RSVP? Im traveling out of state and trying to make accommodations, some more information would be helpful. Thank you (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, sydcorn said:

I also received an invitation to interview for the 25th. I sent my RSVP but have not received anymore information. Has anyone who received an invite received any thing else after the RSVP? Im traveling out of state and trying to make accommodations, some more information would be helpful. Thank you 🙂

I haven't received anything else after sending in the RSVP. It sounds like the last group didn't get any information right away either. 

Edited by olipajoli
  • Like 1

Congratulations ! 

Would you mind sharing your GPA and Patient care hours, shadowing, volunteering hours please ? Your response will help us where we are and to be hopeful. I applied almost two days before due date. 

Thanks 

18 hours ago, HelaAspiringPA said:

Congratulations ! 

Would you mind sharing your GPA and Patient care hours, shadowing, volunteering hours please ? Your response will help us where we are and to be hopeful. I applied almost two days before due date. 

Thanks 

My stats are on the lower side but thought I'd share to help others out! 

sGPA: 3.56, cGPA: 3.41

PCH's: direct experience is about 3000 hours as a phlebotomist and extra 1500 working as a scribe

2800 hours of healthcare experience as a medical technologist

120 hours of shadowing various PA's in multiple different specialties

I think my strong letters of recommendation,medical volunteer trip abroad and my undergrad and work experience as a medical technologist are what make up for my low GPA. 

Edited by FuturePA091011
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FuturePA091011 said:

My stats are on the lower side but thought I'd share to help others out! 

sGPA: 3.56, cGPA: 3.41

PCH's: direct experience is about 3000 hours as a phlebotomist and extra 1500 working as a scribe

2800 hours of healthcare experience as a medical technologist

120 hours of shadowing various PA's in multiple different specialties

I think my strong letters of recommendation,medical volunteer trip abroad and my undergrad and work experience as a medical technologist are what make up for my low GPA. 

Whoohoo! Glad to hear an MT got an invite! I just recently finished my MT degree. Congrats and hope all goes well!!

11 hours ago, yanga1 said:

Whoohoo! Glad to hear an MT got an invite! I just recently finished my MT degree. Congrats and hope all goes well!!

I also have my degree as a med tech and had an interview the first round of interviews!

Wow that is awesome to hear there are other med tech's applying to PA school! I have yet to find any pre-PA students who have a degree in medical technology until now. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Good luck to you guys!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FuturePA091011 said:

Wow that is awesome to hear there are other med tech's applying to PA school! I have yet to find any pre-PA students who have a degree in medical technology until now. I'm glad I'm not the only one! Good luck to you guys!

Also an MT here! Good luck, you'll do great. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:19 AM, Alinka said:

Also an MT here! Good luck, you'll do great. 

Also a med tech applying!!  So far I’ve received 3 interviews, and every school has loved the uniqueness of my application. We most definitely have an imperative role in patient care, as we work hand in hand with doctors in helping to diagnose our patients! Proud of the contributions we preform as med techs!

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 7:24 PM, HelaAspiringPA said:

Congratulations ! 

Thanks 

cGPA: 3.82

sGPA: 3.78

BCP: 3.63

PCE: ~1900 in hospital as a CNA, ~2000 in home care as a PCA

Shadow: 16 hours 

GRE: 161 verbal (88%), 154 quant (53%), 4.5 analytical (81%) 

Edited by ryannie

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, LRitchS said:

What's it called? I'd like to join! I interviewed in the Thursday morning session end of September. Got a call the next day and my first deposit is paid.

Thrilled to be starting at Augsburg this May.

• Like 2