2019-2020 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Chanrika said:

Also, would you guys mind disclosing the day you submitted your supplemental application? Thanks so much!!

Hey! I received my supplemental application on June 11th, and submitted it the same day. I got the email that it had been recieved on June 12th. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Hey guys!

I am planning to fly into Little Rock around 12:00 PM on September 12th and I’m 23 so I can’t rent a car. I wanted to put this out there and see if anybody would be getting in around then and wanted to split an Uber or a Lyft? Planning to stay at a hotel on campus!

Edited by vargh043

@vargh043 Hey! I haven't heard anything back from them yet, but if I get an interview for that date, you can definitely ride with me for free. I'll be driving there from Memphis, TN. So, I'm only like 1hr 52 mins away. If you don't mind telling me, what day did you submit your application and supplemental app? Thanks and congrats again! 🙂

@vargh043 Thanks alot! Hopefully I hear something soon. I applied June 14th, recieved my supplemental app June 18th, but I didn't submit the supplemental app until June 26th. I got the confirmation on June 27th. So we shall see. I will keep you updated, but like I said, if I do get an interview, you are more than welcome to ride with me. 

Best,

Chan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best of luck to those applying and all those who will be interviewing soon. I am a second year PA student here and I can tell you it is awesome program. Faculty and staff are amazing:) Feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all. 

I also wanted to share the link to an upcoming event on 9/28/19. It takes place in Detroit, however Harding U will be one of the ones in attendance (as well as a few other local PA programs). It will be a GREAT way for you to get your questions answered, or find out how you can improve your application for future cycles, as well as network with other pre-PAs, PA-S, and PA-Cs. 

On 8/3/2019 at 12:52 PM, vargh043 said:

Hey guys!

I am planning to fly into Little Rock around 12:00 PM on September 12th and I’m 23 so I can’t rent a car. I wanted to put this out there and see if anybody would be getting in around then and wanted to split an Uber or a Lyft? Planning to stay at a hotel on campus!

Just wanted to re-post in case anyone else is flying in and wanted to share a ride!

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! Remember to relax (as much as possible), and be yourself. The program really takes a more relaxed approach to their interview style and seriously are just interested in getting to know you so they can see if you would be a good fit. Best thing to do is be your genuine self, and let your motivation and preparedness for the profession shine through your responses. Feel free to PM me with any questions! You can also follow my PA journey on IG @sammiesupageek

To all who are scheduled to interview, this was by far the most laid back interview I have had. They genuinely just want to get to know you and see if you would be a good fit. They dont try to trick you or intimidate you into seeing how you do under pressure or anything. The staff was super caring and  it really shows how much they actually care for their students as people and not just students. Overall, it is a great experience so relax and be yourself!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 7:47 AM, Googlebrain said:

Has anyone heard back yet?

I also  interviewed on 9/13.

Mrs. Murphy told us at the beginning of the interview day that we should ALL hear back by the following Friday, Sept. 20th. To everyone interviewing, Mrs. Murphy will get back to you by email with an accepted, denied, or "on hold" aka maybe. Since 9/13 was the first interview, I would guess they put a good number of us on hold. I counted 20 candidates at the interview. There are six interview dates listed on their website. I would imagine 120 people are interviewed. Class size is about 36. May the odds be ever in your favor.

I was placed on hold after my interview. I texted two other candidates and they were both also placed on hold. Being 100% honest, I really liked the program. The faculty were all super welcoming and talked about how much they support their students. It felt like they want you there. If you accidentally read any of the Harding threads from previous years, there is NO MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY TEST anymore.

Best of luck to everyone else thinking about Harding! 🙂

Edited by GATTACA
  • Upvote 1